THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:17 pm 

Last August, this article was posted on TheFireArmBlog about sureshot armament group
and Val Vlasenko's plans to market an ACR Stock adapter for the AK.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... ak-rifles/

Below is his answer to my question about whether they had made progress on this project
and if it would become available in the near future (a verbatim copy & paste from his reply):

Subject: ACR Stock Adapter
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 14:37:49 +0300

Tommy, Hello

we've made couple test units.
The "issues" we've runned in afftect using it in Russia (in our main market for AK accessories) - that is why I am not sure we should run them as a batch.

issues are:

1. You can't use irons (they are too low) if the stock positioned parallel to the boe axis (i mean bottom of the stock) but when you make it canted it looks ugly. It's not an issue with AK12 since it has irons up at ~7mm due fact that rear sight is on the 1913 rail.
2. Due cheekpiece is very close to the top cover - you cannot open the topcover if you don't fold the stock. And you can't disassemby rifle as well.

In Russia folders do have Trigger block mechanism which prevents user to fire a rifle if it's overal length is shorter than 800m at the moment of shot. Thus it means that user just can't disassembly rifle when stock is folded without breaking the law.

So if there is an interest in USA for item with shortcomings described above - may be we shall make production run.

Sincerely Yours
Val Vlasenko

If you guys have any interest in his concept and prototype, then get in touch with him and urge him to make it happen.