THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 am 

Copper anti-seize here, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 am 

Anti-seize is the cancer of the automotive world.
Love the stuff, but Jesus.... You can't use it without finding traces of it all over your face, toolbox, the car, etc...
Don't know how that happens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:36 am 
Business Member

I've never been all that impressed with white lithium grease.. It's ok for household squeaks and garage doors. Probably ok for AK rails since this is pretty basic stuff. I don't keep the stuff on hand except lubriplate 105? but just for my Bridgeport mill.

If I'm in my shop I'll wipe a stray glob off one of the presses and wipe it on the rails.. We use mostly mobil 1 synthetic grease because it goes rancid slower and has less VOCs. I like spindle oil or a little way lube as well.. Again we are not talking about high requirements here. The amount of grease used is like a 1/4" round blob for the whole gun

Basically any oil grease will help the guns last longer. Grease would not be ideal for in a sand storm but at the range it's probably not a problem and will likely make it last longer.

bob in st. louis wrote:
Love the stuff, but Jesus.... You can't use it without finding traces of it all over your face, toolbox, the car, etc...

Ever use "high spot blue"? It's like blue ballpoint pen ink except in never dries. And you use it by coating several inches of a granite block in the stuff and rubbing parts on it.. It's a curse... One day if I every need to go john wick on someone I'll stick a single tube full under their car door handle.. Their entire world will be blue inside of a day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 am 
Business Member

bob in st. louis wrote:

I call it jumping grease

Custom Saiga-12, Vepr-12, KS-12, and Lynx builds
(SBS and reliability are my specialties)
Cerakote and Moly Resin refinishing
AK100 installs
...and more

DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO...
evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:57 am 

Haha, can be messy stuff. I used to hate using it, but about put it on everything nowadays. Seemed like the best choice out of what I had at the time. Tacky, and the suspended particles provide a tiny tiny amount of wear/shock resistance. I wouldn't be scared to run the rifle dry or whatever though, did that during building and testing. Its an AK....lube with cat pee if you like...it'll keep on running. :lol: