THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ALG trigger mod
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 pm 

Hi, Vepr owner in Sweden here.

I got a chance to try out one of Dissident Arms KL-12's in Texas a couple of weeks ago, man what a trigger! I run the stock trigger and I've always found it a bit....rough. After trying that gun, I just need to get me a better trigger. So....living in Sweden, I don't have any good ways of ordering a Dissident pre-modded trigger so I need to make my own.

Starting out with a stock ALG AKT-EL or UL trigger, does anyone have any good pictures or movies showing just what I need to take off and how much I need to dremel down for the AKT to fit in my Vepr?

I modified the stock hammer myself to run smoothly in my gun after looking at the 4Range-videos on Youtube. Is it the same work that is required on an out-of-the-box AKT? The AKT seems to have some sort of "horn" on the base that's not there on the Vepr trigger, do I need to file that down too?

/Henrik

Post subject: Re: ALG trigger mod
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 am 

Welcome to the forum Henrik! Have you tried surfing Ebay for some FCGs that might be shipped internationally?I'm not sure what the laws are these days. I know a lot of guys have gotten parts from Chech Republic and Russia over the years. You can mod the OEM FCG and make it very nice with some patience and all the info on the internet. That "horn," or "tail," is removed sometimes if it is making too much contact with the rivit on the bottom of receiver.Some guys have actually had their diconnector break because the tail is striking the rivit to hard.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 am 

Hi, thanks!

I can get an unmodified ALG FCG in Sweden no problem. The trick is to modify it to fit the Vepr. I have surfed around to see what kind of modifications are needed and i have found the really nice videos from 4Range. What I couldn't find was a video or picture showing what to do with the "horn".

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:05 pm 

I would just cut it off enough so it doesn't make contact with the rivit. I have picked up a pair of ALG FCGs in gun trades.I just cut the tail off and have had no problems.I have the Tapco G2 in most of my AK platform rifles. I'm experimenting with the Rak 1 FCG now. They seem to have a lower profile than the ALG FCG. You can also use a Combloc hammer with the G2 that will sit lower and reduce bolt carrier drag.