THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Citadel/Armsan RSS1
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:25 am 
Business Member

There are a lot of geometric differences between the AKT and the G2. It is easier to modify the G2 to be an excellent trigger and have the weapon run well with it, to me, at least. The AKT has some geometry that limits what one can do with it and limits how well a weapon can run with it. Go with the singlehook G2.

Take material off of the right axis to clear the LRBHO until it is 1" wide, grind the angle off of the front of the axis, and you are going to have to figure out the rest. I need to make a living, lol.

Custom Saiga-12, Vepr-12, KS-12, and Lynx builds
(SBS and reliability are my specialties)
Cerakote and Moly Resin refinishing
AK100 installs
...and more

DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO...
evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:06 pm 

I recently picked up a pair of these Citadels to play with.During the first range test I had a few FTF and was finding plastic shavings from the hulls.. A friend of mine, Saltydecimator from the Saiga forum, who had a Turkish bullpup, had me check for sharp edges where the extractor locks in and the shell starts to chamber underneath the guide hood.After slowly cycling in a safe place his hunch proved to be right.I put a Dremel polishing wheel in that area for a few minutes and retested on the range.The Citadel ran everything I had without a failure from the shoulder and the hip. I did not test Win Universal because I refuse to buy that garbage ammo anymore.It ran all sorts of Fed bulk and Target, Win hunting rounds , Suprema , Remington, Noble Sport and buckshot.Some of the ammos were 1200 fps. I need an improved cylinder bore for slugs.I used 4 different magazines in test. OEM V12, OEM IZ 030 series, SGM and the OEM Citadel mags. It's a great shotty, especially after buying the pair for 600 shipped.The OEM FCG is already profiled and the hammer face sits lower than an OEM Molot FCG. I might just polish up that FCG and see how it feels. It does have some serious trigger slap.I am ordering a Benelli screw in brake in improved cylinder bore for some slug action.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:29 pm 

So, another thing I am wondering about compatibility is does the Vepr bolt hold open release also fit on the RSS1. reason why I ask is the release button on the Vepr is by the trigger where the RSS1's is beside the grip. Im wanting to upgrade it but yeah....

Another would be is the external diameter of the RSS1 the same as the Vepr? I want to chop the barrel and add external threads for the Vepr chokes/brakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 pm 

So, a couple other things I was wondering would fit to the RSS1 from a Vepr.
Does the BHO release lever have the same dimensions as the Vepr? Would I be able to buy the upgraded one and do a 1 for 1 swap? I wanted to do this so it would allow me to run it like a manual bolt hold open as well, so I'm not fumbling with that awkward button. The issue I see is that the RSS1's lever comes out over the grip where the Vepr's is by the trigger, and it seems like a Vepr's lever doesn't push down as far as the RSS1's.

Another thing, I wanted to run Vepr muzzle brakes so my plan in order to do this is chop the RSS1's barrel down to the end of the internal choke tube, so I have the full barrels thickness, then thread the outside for Vepr chokes, put on a tactical choke that also has the external threads for a brake, and then boom. But with all the differences this has to the Vepr, I'm not sure if the external diameter of the barrel is the same as the Vepr's.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:12 am 

I will try to do some comparisons asap. I know the carriers will swap. The bolts will not swap and the extractors are different. I don't think the LRBHO will swap either. You can get a ported brake at Optics Planet that will work with the Citadel. It works well.They also take Benelli chokes.You will probably have to modify the PG for the bolt release to work properly. I did that to a Magpul PG.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:26 am 

Awesome, thanks.
I might go the ported brake if I can't go the external thread route. I really like the performance of the GK-03 I saw in a comparison video. which brings up another question, any significant difference between the GK-03 / 03+ / 03++ to warrant the prices?
Yep, I actually finally got my stock in today so I put on my filed down magpul PG, everything fits well. I have been thinking of a way to improve the bolt release but it seems like I will only be able to do that if I chop up the receiver right there to allow modifying it myself.
I do actually have an idea of how I can make a easier to use the manual bolt hold open, but I would have to get another trigger pin because I would need to weld things onto that, but im not sure if the trigger pins are the same either. I tried smacking mine out with a punch, but that little bugger is in there and it started to make me doubt that it is as easy to take out.

Other then that, I have the stock, grip, and mag release added to it now, planning on going to the range next week to test out the CsSpec mags.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am 

WOW! Handy info. Thanks!