THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Citadel/Armsan RSS1
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 am 

Hello Everyone
I finally got a chance to get my hands on Citadel/Armsan RSS1. So this this is my first one and I'm trying to learn as much as I can and reading everything that i can get my hands on.. But I have a couple questions and was hoping you guys could help..I plan on using it for mostly range and Hunting ..

1-Does anyone know what type of Vepr is the RSS1 and what parts will work ??
2-Is there anyway I could upgrade the trigger and not change the trigger poundage ??
3-Is a hammer job possible and safe to use since your working past the case harding ???
4-Are custom ALG trigger for the Vepr reheated and tempered after the modification ???
5-What parts are worth upgrading and wat should I look into buying spares of ??
6-What would be my best bet to get some cheap 5 round mags that will fit ???

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Citadel/Armsan RSS1
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 am 
Business Member

1-Does anyone know what type of Vepr is the RSS1 and what parts will work ?? Looks like a loose clone and I am not sure about part interchangeability
2-Is there anyway I could upgrade the trigger and not change the trigger poundage ?? If it has a traditional AK trigger design with a spring design that is compatible with aftermarket triggers then you should be able to use an aftermarket trigger with the factory spring and not experience much of a change in pull weight. There are ways you can make the pull heavier as well by adjusting the spring, assuming the spring will not weaken much by putting a permanent bend in it.
3-Is a hammer job possible and safe to use since your working past the case harding ??? It depends on the alloy used and how it was made or tempered to begin with.
4-Are custom ALG trigger for the Vepr reheated and tempered after the modification ??? No.
5-What parts are worth upgrading and wat should I look into buying spares of ?? Figure out what people are breaking. I'd start there. If they are cheap by a spare gun. If you never use parts from it you have a spare gun to enjoy or eventually sell.
6-What would be my best bet to get some cheap 5 round mags that will fit ??? Get some Vepr-12 mags before they get too expensive or cut down some SGM Vepr-12 mags. You have to cut the spring too.

Custom Saiga-12, Vepr-12, KS-12, and Lynx builds
(SBS and reliability are my specialties)
Cerakote and Moly Resin refinishing
AK100 installs
...and more

DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO...
evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 am 

evlblkwpnz wrote:
1-Does anyone know what type of Vepr is the RSS1 and what parts will work ?? Looks like a loose clone and I am not sure about part interchangeability
What do you mean a LOOSE Clone ???
Is there anyway to get more information about it ??

2-Is there anyway I could upgrade the trigger and not change the trigger poundage ?? If it has a traditional AK trigger design with a spring design that is compatible with aftermarket triggers then you should be able to use an aftermarket trigger with the factory spring and not experience much of a change in pull weight. There are ways you can make the pull heavier as well by adjusting the spring, assuming the spring will not weaken much by putting a permanent bend in it.
3-Is a hammer job possible and safe to use since your working past the case harding ??? It depends on the alloy used and how it was made or tempered to begin with.
4-Are custom ALG trigger for the Vepr reheated and tempered after the modification ??? No.
Do you think profiling the hammer is worth it doing it your self or just get one already done ??
Is there alot of options on trigger upgrades under $100 ??

5-What parts are worth upgrading and wat should I look into buying spares of ?? Figure out what people are breaking. I'd start there. If they are cheap by a spare gun. If you never use parts from it you have a spare gun to enjoy or eventually sell.
Mine cost me $800 and are hard to come by where I live ..
So far my only upgrades I was looking at was to replace the shepards hook and upgrade the trigger and nice red dot scope..Any other suggestion for upgrades ??

6-What would be my best bet to get some cheap 5 round mags that will fit ??? Get some Vepr-12 mags before they get too expensive or cut down some SGM Vepr-12 mags. You have to cut the spring too.

I was looking at getting Vepr 12 mags or might try if I can buy some mags from the company..

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 am 
Business Member

Torque wrote:
evlblkwpnz wrote:
What do you mean a LOOSE Clone ??? Not exact.
Is there anyway to get more information about it ?? I don't understand this, info about what?

Do you think profiling the hammer is worth it doing it your self or just get one already done ?? Sure, DIY. Do not copy what others do. Do what makes the most mechanical sense.
Is there alot of options on trigger upgrades under $100 ?? No.

Mine cost me $800 and are hard to come by where I live .. At only $800, buy a second one if you are concerned about breakage.
So far my only upgrades I was looking at was to replace the shepards hook and upgrade the trigger and nice red dot scope..Any other suggestion for upgrades ?? No, add very little as these things get heavy fast. Run the optic to the rear of the rail, not at the front over the ejection port.

I was looking at getting Vepr 12 mags or might try if I can buy some mags from the company..

AK100 installs
...and more

evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:33 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:50 am 

Here are some pics of the bolt carrier and trigger assembly .. The point of the pics is to see what gun parts will work and won't as it's a clone..Plus I know nothing about this clone and there not much on the way of info and putting info together for other down the road .. Like I want to upgrade the trigger assembly to a G2 or ALG and do you think they will work in my clone ???

Also whats the red piece ??

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:29 pm 
Business Member

It is an overtravel stop of sorts (not a very good one). Looks like they copied the standard Saiga-12/Vepr-12 FCG. That FCG can be made to feel great and be a lot shorter, but a Tapco G2 or AKT should work with modifications to fit the weapon. Or, you could just buy a modified one. Expect reliability to change to some degree if you use a different FCG that does not have an ideal hammer profile. Use that same mainspring with whatever FCG you get.

AK100 installs
...and more

evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 am 

Thanks for all the great help.To be honest I never ever played with a trigger group before ..So modifying one scares me and hence why I was looking for one already done..I might give it a go with some guidance and if I can get some extra AK triggers to learn on..Also I was looking at G2 single hook trigger as I can get one already for pretty cheap vs ALG for $130..If you can offer any help please do as I'm still trying to learn everything I can.. Was looking to get Jim Fuller AK Armors guide and wanted to see what your guys thought ???

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:21 am 

Torque, Sometimes trial and error teaches you something you need to know. FCGs are cheap and easy to replace. Ice destroyed my share of them. Lol

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:50 am 

Thanks for the encouragement but I'm in a unique situation..I don't have the money to keep buying FCG to practice on and the tools to do it ...Don't get me wrong I would love to try and learn but the article posted on triggers jobs isn't complete and is missing alot .. Plus I only have State Ranges and Private Ranges and which anyone with a badge use and watches over (ATF,FBI,Homeland,ETC,ETC)..Can you tell me where I can get cheap FCG to practice on or the tools needed ??
Also whats the different between the ALG vs G2 single hook ??

Thanks