THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 pm 

I'm just wondering how much my 1997 ZDF SLC Vepr 308. is worth? The owner of my local gun shop says not much more than $1000. The rifle is in great condition. Just wondering what the experts think, any insight is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm 

Welcome to the forum. A gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If it's a 16" version I would think it's worth more. When people want a specific rifle they will pay a higher price for the rarity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 pm 

Thanks, it's a 23" barrel. Once I figure out how to post a picture it will be up. Very nice rifle all original with the scope mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:07 am 

1997 was the first year that Vepr rifles were imported into the US. Wholesale on the VEPR rifles when first imported was $480. They came with a 5rd and 10rd mag,cleaning kit,cleaning rod,sling,and manual. The scope mount was a $50 option with the rifle and the Pilad VOMZ 4x32mm scope was $99. They were imported in two models the rifle with a 23.25" barrel and the carbine with a 20.50" barrel.

Link to page that has a downloadable pdf copy of the owners manual for the zdf slc (robinson arms) Veprs From 1998.
http://www.drzero.org/ak1/index.htm

You can be sure it wont go down in value anytime soon. I agree with Mike..to the right person, it could be worth alot (someone looking specifically for a early import Vepr). One thing to keep in mind is that its kind of a niche weapon. Having the original box, manual, included and/or optional accessories would make it more rare. Being one of the very first imports in 1997 adds to the rarity as well.

Saigas have sky rocketed in price since the initial sanctions and offer even less than the Veprs (thinner reciever, fit & finish not as nice etc). The veprs have an advantage of not having to move the fcg to add a pistol grip and fill unused rivet holes. I believe Vepr pricing will rise (to a certain point) as long as they are sanctioned and however unlikely it may be to see them come in again, its even more unlikely that robinson arms will ever import them again.

All that being said, I wouldnt sell it unless you really are unsatisfied with it or really need the money. It is very unlikely that you will be able to buy another one for the same or less money in the foreseeable future. If it was mine and it was in nice condition etc, I wouldnt even consider less than $900 for it IF I absolutely had to sell it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 pm 

Thanks, nice to know 97 was the first year of importation. Unfortunately it didn't come with the Box but I checked out that link you sent for For the owner's manual, The sling that the rifle came with when I bought it is the one In the owners manual, Pretty cool. I've made up my mind I'm gonna hang on to it for hunting and range time every so often. The vepr Definitely has a lot more going on for itself then Most of the AK's out there, Certainly better quality than the DDI AK that I own. Hopefully I would never need the money bad enough where I would have to sell any of my Guns. I've had toys come and go over the years and that's fine, Guns are necessary tools though. Nice to know I have something unique, I will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, Hopefully I will turn a few people on to the vepr.