THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:04 am 

I've been watching vepr12allday's videos but the mag tuning video has been removed by youtube. I would like to get nothing but the csspec mags but at 65 each that would limit the number I can get. I would like to have 10 mags minimum. that's why I don't have a cz75 I would be paying more for mags than the gun. to bad magpul didn't jump on this gun. I'd be in for $25 dollar pmag 12s lol

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:15 am 

Just buy a few at a time. Before you know it you will have 10.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:10 am 

tim300wsm wrote:
I've been watching vepr12allday's videos but the mag tuning video has been removed by youtube. I would like to get nothing but the csspec mags but at 65 each that would limit the number I can get. I would like to have 10 mags minimum. that's why I don't have a cz75 I would be paying more for mags than the gun. to bad magpul didn't jump on this gun. I'd be in for $25 dollar pmag 12s lol

Thats a damn shame that the youtube nazis have censored V like that. V if you see this, get a account on Full30.com so you can keep up the great videos. Ive been saving alot of firearms instructional videos from youtube since they announced their plan to censor the free speech of gun enthusiasts. Unfortunately I did not save that one before they removed it via strong arm tactics. I plan on uploading all the saved videos I can (giving credit to the contents creator) on Full30 at some point in the future, because I am not sure they are all aware of what has been going on and/or may not have master copies anymore. Alot of the info found in the videos can be directly related to safely assembling/maintaining a particular firearm and it is a disgrace that they would suppress that information.

If I remember correctly, he basically strips the sgm mags then puts the mag bodies in hot/boiling water(to soften/make them pliable), then he takes a socket (cant remember what size) and uses it as a mandrel to resize the inner channel of the mag body. Reducing pinch points
in the travel of the follower and allowing more reliable feeding. If V sees this Im sure he can give you an accurate, detailed description, or better yet do a write up with pics that we can sticky.

If companys keep releasing S-12/V-12 clones like they have been, magpul may consider it in the future. S-12/V12/clone market is on the rise not decline. theres more S-12 mag compatible guns out then ever before. When alot of these mags/drums were developed S-12/V-12 were the only games in town. Now theres so many Kalashnikov based shotguns out and for sale its hard to keep track of all of them! There is already a turkish and chinese clone of the V-12 being produced and sold (not yet in U.S. to my knowledge) its only a matter of time till we see them here. No other platform offers everything that the Kalashnikov based shotguns offer.

DURABILITY

-traditional semi auto gas system designs (mka 1919, sko, 1100, 930 etc.) use fragile rubber o-rings and wear parts that are sure to crap out at the worst time.

COMPACTNESS

-traditional semi auto's (1100, 930 etc.) have recoil systems that extend into the stock, so no folders. This is the reason why you will most likely never see a "shockwave" version of the 930 or 1100.

-Ar based systems use a buffer and tube, no folder or at least no firing more than one shot while folded.

-Pump designs can only be shortned so far due to the amount of travel needed in the action bars to cycle.

CAPACITY

-traditional tube fed semi auto designs (1100,930 etc.) have obvious capacity limitations.

-Non S-12/V-12 based semi auto mag fed designs (mka1919, sko, ar based etc.) use non standardized mags with less capacity options and no drums availible.

-Yes mossberg now has 590 double stack SMH! But its not a semi (and a abomination).

COMPACTNESS WHILE RETAINING CAPACITY

-traditional tube fed semi (1100, 930 etc.) when you shorten the gun, you lower capacity + no folder due to recoil system design.

-non S-12/V-12 based semi auto mag fed designs (mka1919, sko etc.). could potentially be shortend but do not offer the capacity options/drums and truly are the minority in popularity compared to S-12/V-12 based designs. A true limited market since there is no standardization in the mag design.

-magfed pump shotgun (870 dm, 590m). Limited on compactness due to the action bar legnth necessary for function. And at the end of the day..its not semi!

The S-12/V-12/clone market is stronger than it ever has been. All of the S-12/V-12 clones released and planned for release (S-12/V-12/KS-12/Cheetah/Lynx/ddi-12/trench-12/tri-star bull pup/RS1-S1/Ranger Tac-12 etc etc.) is evidence of that. Just like manufacturers are stepping in to fill the S-12/V-12 void left by the sanctions, manufacturers will step in to profit from the sale of mags, parts and accessories for these firearms. The only question is..who wants to make money? "The S-12/V-12 market is dead" is a damn myth.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:27 am 

I hope your right lol I would love to see the market expand. I would like to get into some shooting comps and get both of my sons involved as soon as they are old enough. the more popular they get they better. I've been hoping that the Republicans would lift the sanctions but it seems most are demonrats of a different name

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:57 am 

On a side note and doesnt really affect you guys as you havnt had them hit your market....yet.... but the ranger tac 12 pro model of shotgun being sold here in New Zealand uses a 12 round mag body.

I have 3 of them, comparing them side by side to the molot mags they are literally the same, dimensions are about equal (other than length) and they are solid, you could probably beat someone to death with it and it wouldnt break. The only fitting i encountered was taking a smidge off the spacer on the rear of the mag and also a light filing of the lug for the bolt catch so it would drop free. BHO works and they hold 12 rounds when the spacer is taken out that limits them to 7 (for our A catagory firearms laws).

The chinese did a sweet job of these mags, i hope you guys get the chance to see them over there.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:50 pm 

czechmate wrote:
On a side note and doesnt really affect you guys as you havnt had them hit your market....yet.... but the ranger tac 12 pro model of shotgun being sold here in New Zealand uses a 12 round mag body.

I have 3 of them, comparing them side by side to the molot mags they are literally the same, dimensions are about equal (other than length) and they are solid, you could probably beat someone to death with it and it wouldnt break. The only fitting i encountered was taking a smidge off the spacer on the rear of the mag and also a light filing of the lug for the bolt catch so it would drop free. BHO works and they hold 12 rounds when the spacer is taken out that limits them to 7 (for our A catagory firearms laws).

The chinese did a sweet job of these mags, i hope you guys get the chance to see them over there.

Excellent information, thank you sir.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:23 am 

I'm putting in the order for a welded folder. I can legally cut the weld if I replace the standard 922r parts correct

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 am 

Here is what the law says

(r) It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to—
(1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.

Does breaking the weld on a folder constitute assembly? How about using a 8rnd instead of the 5rnd, is that assembly? Your guess is as good as mine and probably theirs. Talk about an extreme waste of time, resources and brain power. What kind of sick individual even comes up with this stuff? Lol. Any and all firearms could be and are used for sporting purposes. Since we have the 2nd amendment, why would "sporting purposes" or foreign origin even be a factor? I dont recall 2A saying we have the right to keep and bear arms , as long as they are for "sporting purposes". I have the feeling that 922r (and other laws) are intentionately vague to leave room for broad interpretations and to make you second guess your actions..It is reminiscent of psychological warfare. That being said, for peace of mind it would be a good idea to just play their game and install compliant parts before restoring the folding function.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 am 
Business Member

Does it keep us confused, debating, annoyed, and reduce our financial power by wasting our money? Yes... mission accomplished. Consider how many laws and regulations we have that check all of those boxes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 pm 

tim300wsm wrote:
I'm putting in the order for a welded folder. I can legally cut the weld if I replace the standard 922r parts correct

Enjoy your new shotgun. I write "922" on all of mine.