THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 pm 

Hey Guys, brand new to the Vepr Forum. I am looking to purchase the Vepr 12 here in the next few days. Most likely from Classic Firearms, as they have several different types to choose from. There pricing seems pretty good also. Question us: Folding Stock, Fixed Stock, just recently they started to carry one with an AR type stock, of the three, which makes the most sense to buy, if you want to have the flexibility to change the stock, etc. after getting familiar with Vepr. I've read numerous threads about what people are putting on their Veprs, but not too clear on which configuration makes it 'easiest/most cost effective' to do. Thanks, any input would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has other suggestions for online retailers, that I may have missed, plz let me know as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:51 pm 

hey bro, sorry nobody else answered, my recommendation is get a side-folder, this is my fav. model. i got a LAC ar-15 adapter on mine and this is by far my fav of all my veprs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 pm 

USMC-AV8R wrote:
Hey Guys, brand new to the Vepr Forum. I am looking to purchase the Vepr 12 here in the next few days. Most likely from Classic Firearms, as they have several different types to choose from. There pricing seems pretty good also. Question us: Folding Stock, Fixed Stock, just recently they started to carry one with an AR type stock, of the three, which makes the most sense to buy, if you want to have the flexibility to change the stock, etc. after getting familiar with Vepr. I've read numerous threads about what people are putting on their Veprs, but not too clear on which configuration makes it 'easiest/most cost effective' to do. Thanks, any input would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has other suggestions for online retailers, that I may have missed, plz let me know as well.

Welcome to the forum. My favorite model is the squareback V12 that will take any configuration. No adapters are necessary. Sometimes they pop up on Gunbroker.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 am 

Seems like I saw square back on sale at classic the other day. May be mistaken.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/vepr-12 ... 29+Segment

Seems not quite square... Anyone got experience with this one from Classic?

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:48 pm 

My favorite has been the side folder with adopter for a comventional 6 position AR stock.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:01 am 
Business Member

Nephilim7 wrote:
Seems like I saw square back on sale at classic the other day. May be mistaken.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/vepr-12 ... 29+Segment

Seems not quite square... Anyone got experience with this one from Classic?

Winner winner chicken dinner. That is a squareback. I almost can't believe it.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:07 am 

Bet it's the last of them we see. Probably a crate buried in the warehouse and they are clearing them out. Seeing more variety in styles since the ban. Imagine that explains it. :(

Got a friend who may be interested. I'll have to see. His life right now: New wife, new house, new car, first baby on the way... Likely a no go. :roll:

I'll tell him he needs to "invest" for his son. :twisted:

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 am 

Thx for the input guys.... So the link from Classic with the AR stock is a square back? If I read that correctly, it would not require adapters, etc. if I potentially want to reconfigure in the future? Appreciate any feedback.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 am 

anacortes gun has a side folding short barreled shotgun for 1500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:02 pm 

That short barrel on Anacortes is wicked lookin! Lil pricey and I'm debating the whole Class III concept for a suppressor, now that it looks like that 'law/designation change will not happen. Never been too thrilled about the idea of telling ATF - 'where/what' guns I have in my house! Call me cautious. :) Getting ready to purchase the Square Back on Classic, that a couple guys had talked about. (Thanks for the input, would not have known that) Sounds like it has the flexibility I'm looking for. Plus they are down to only 6 left! Better not Snooze or I will Looze.