THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:18 am 

Just got a vepr12, love it. I have the factory folder and want to change it out for ar folding stock with the adapter.

Wanted to ask a couple of questions,,,,, the angle changes from a downward slope to flat or horizontal angle I believe? How does it change your view of iron sites? Do you need a riser for irons? I have a pko6 that I plan to run on it and wondered if I will need a riser for that? Should I get the milspec buffer tube or the commercial?

Wanted to ask if the new v6 muzzle brake is recommended? I think it's ugly as sin but it seems to be the best performance wise. If some of the other brakes are close I may go with one of those because of the looks. :o I want to feel/be the mall ninja. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 am 

if you get an adapter that corrects the angle than yes it will be more proper like an AR...

however how you look down your sights does not change. I find my iron sights are dead on.

I tried a cheap holographic sight on it before and the results were disappointing. couldn't get it to point low enough with that POS sight...

I haven't tried my EOTech on there yet, but that's going to be my next attempt, and most likely put the EOTech on the chaos rail up front. See how it does..

I use the CSS GK01 brake and love it..

Also use a milspec buffer tube and the recoil reduction stock. that combined with the GK-01 provides excellent recoil reduction!

From the tests I've seen V do with the muzzle brakes...it may look like the V6 performs best for upward movement..but his test is flawed...it does not allow for going past level into the negative. Not trying to bash V in any way. he did great with what he had and I found it very informative, but I also watched closely and that v6 brake seemed to push the gun down too far...as in it will make the gun kick towards the ground from too much gas vented upwards...also didn't seem to have much redirected gas to combat rearward movement IIRC...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:19 pm 

Welcome, History. Try not to do any repeating or rhyming... ;) See what I did there?

Glad you are with is.

The GK series from Russia is a long time favorite. Works quite well.

Seems the Russian folding adapters gave best results if I recall. Fitment will always be a toss up with these weapons. CSS has great service and products but I'd recommend Russian for those parts. Neither effect 922r on a shotgun. Maybe try 4range.com? There are other sites as well.

Vectoring of recoil due to both of these products will make a huge difference. Good choice.

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 pm 

History wrote:
Just got a vepr12, love it. I have the factory folder and want to change it out for ar folding stock with the adapter.

Wanted to ask a couple of questions,,,,, the angle changes from a downward slope to flat or horizontal angle I believe? How does it change your view of iron sites? Do you need a riser for irons? I have a pko6 that I plan to run on it and wondered if I will need a riser for that? Should I get the milspec buffer tube or the commercial?

Wanted to ask if the new v6 muzzle brake is recommended? I think it's ugly as sin but it seems to be the best performance wise. If some of the other brakes are close I may go with one of those because of the looks. :o I want to feel/be the mall ninja. :P

I personally went with the V6 BECAUSE of looks...

I will say this... I went from pretty severe bruising and muzzle rise to no bruising and amazingly little muzzle rise (I did add the stock recoil pad from CSS or 4range).

If you watch VforVendetta's muzzle break review, you'll see that it actually performs best in reducing muzzle rise, not necessarily the best at recoil mitigation. That said, no bruising showed me it was enough.

I love the way it looks and couldn't be happier with performance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 pm 

No offense on the "ugly as sin comment". It may grow on me but I guess the main thing is function instead of looks, but muh mall ninja look. :shock:

Reginald Cousins wrote:
History wrote:

I personally went with the V6 BECAUSE of looks...

I will say this... I went from pretty severe bruising and muzzle rise to no bruising and amazingly little muzzle rise (I did add the stock recoil pad from CSS or 4range).

If you watch VforVendetta's muzzle break review, you'll see that it actually performs best in reducing muzzle rise, not necessarily the best at recoil mitigation. That said, no bruising showed me it was enough.

I love the way it looks and couldn't be happier with performance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 pm 

None taken at all! That's what makes this fun... it's the same as a custom car, people aren't all going to like the same thing... I find the GK's kind of dull and boring. The V6 is edgier while still being effective... and I didn't really want a breacher style.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:56 am 

to the OP check out my stock. link viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8482

i have a 2014 side-folder, i swapped the stock assy and installed a LAC ar-15 to vepr-12 adapter i got back in early march, this is the first in usa. the stock feels great and allows for a more flatter shooting, i have a magpul stock and a tapco usa buffer tube both are com-spec.

https://youtu.be/MBPCxtpDFe4
https://youtu.be/KQWTG8LkeAY

the GK line of muzzle brakes are some of the finest on the market, i recommend purchasing a 2018 GK-03++ Muzzle brake from Dissident arms in texas, they are good guys.