THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 am 
Business Member

I wanted to meet with MD arms, with the idea of producing the double to single stack under license.. Never got consistent contact to setup a meeting. I drove through Ohio four times since I contacted the owner, three times with all three owners of Csspecs in the same truck.. I won't say I hounded him for a meeting, but he also was pretty sparse on the contact.. I don't think he has much interest in licensing it.

My brother Mark, who is our Machinist and designer, basically said every way he looks at the patent design it should jam constantly. He was opposed to any agreement without seeing a working sample and feeling and using it himself.. My Father wanted pricing for patent use only as he does not like outside partners. I agreed to those terms and tried to get the pricing and setup a meeting.. No luck.

I think people should get cozy with the idea of using single stack sticks or drums.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 am 

Out of curiosity, when would the patent lapse? No need paying the fee if you never intend to execute.

Yes, the neck down under spring tension would seem to be problematic. Would anticipate some offset "speed bumps" in the sidewall just below the neck to encourage round entrainment to a single file. Never seen the patent. Can the number be shared?

I've also wondered about a rotary driven drum that is tear drop shaped. Instead of a cog to follow the rounds, a chain (bicycle style) could be used to motivate shells. Would require a good bit of working out, but no reason it wouldn't work. Bulkier, heavier, and more complex than a double stack however.

Didn't mean to siderail the thread. Perhaps a site mod should branch this one off into it's own... :roll:

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 am 
Business Member

Looks like it published sometime in early 2012.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/03/28/md-arms-double-stack-saiga-magazine-patent/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 am 

Nephilim7 wrote:

Didn't mean to siderail the thread. Perhaps a site mod should branch this one off into it's own... :roll:

Thread Jackers! :D

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:30 am 

V do you know if this would work with other Kalashnikov based shotguns? S-12 in particular.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am 

4range has a Saiga 12/Cheetah 12 version.

https://4range.com/product/magpul-zhuko ... 40012.html

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:23 pm 

^ Thank you sir, I was unaware of a S-12/clone specific version. Thats great news! Looks like a nice, light, simple option to add only whats needed to your S-12.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:46 am 

Want to upgrade my fixed tube stock VEPR12 to a folding stock. I an go w/ the OEM folding tubular stock but I don't find it very comfortable and I don't like the stock drop. Went to the 4 Range.com site planning to order the parts to install a Zhukov stock. Not clear which adapters I actually need to install on the receiver to mate up to the Zhukov. The pictures showing Zhukov stocks installed in this string appear to have 2 different length adapter set ups. The VEPR12 all day video linked to the Fixed tubular stock adapter is for the M4 buffer tube compatible stock. Has someone published something a little clearer for the Zhukov?

Thanks,
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:44 pm 
Business Member

I'd like to see a close pic of both adapters as well. Also, is a regular Zhukov folder being used or Yugo version?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 am 

I want this handguard when will it be back in stock on 4range ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next