THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:20 am 
Business Member

I'm going to say that is probably a badly made shell.

The vepr-12 basically won't fire out of battery.. But if the base of the shell had a crack or tear in it that would do exactly what is in the photo.

I'd imagine the same shell in a factory mag would have the same result only more expensive.. Our mag would have lost the floorplate and internals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 am 

^^ this

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 pm 

The bolt when it comes forward gets to the battery and when the bolt carrier slides the rest of the way forward the bolt twists and locks into the battery that last 3/4" of travel of the carrier.

Well that twist and lock didn't happen and the carrier was not that extra .75" to inch forward... and in that case...it WILL FIRE and it did fire... I see it happen all the time in dry unloaded tests... the hammer will slap it and cause it to slam the rest of the way forward. But if a round is in there, that firing pin does move and if the hammer hits the pin, it's going to hit the primer before it can slam that bolt into the closed and locked position and that will cause exactly what happened.

As I have said: that magazine usually on the first round has caused many failure to batteries and I would have to slap the bolt carrier forward the rest of the way before firing the first shot because at that point I'm watching the bolt carrier making sure it chambered the round. It had been an ongoing problem with that one particular magazine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:16 pm 

Tried several times says the video is unavailable. What up?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:52 am 

^^^ You Tube are being shitheads and deleting gun videos...."think of the children." This is most likely one of them.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=csspecs+vepr+12+magazine+tuning+&view=detail&mid=D04678CD74FD09693F1DD04678CD74FD09693F1D&FORM=VIRE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:06 am 

highbrass wrote:
^^^ You Tube are being shitheads and deleting gun videos...."think of the children."

I heard that for the first time today. I ran over to Hickok, fortunecookie and Iraqveteran sites and they're still up.
I figure, when those go down, Youtube means business. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:38 pm 

Are there any new vids or other resources on tuning these SGM mags? I bought SGM because I’ve had great luck on other platforms with their products, but I’m having some issues inserting and seating these mags.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:45 pm 

Lear35guy wrote:
Are there any new vids or other resources on tuning these SGM mags? I bought SGM because I’ve had great luck on other platforms with their products, but I’m having some issues inserting and seating these mags.

Thanks

Look up Vepr 12 all day videos on You Tube. I think he shows the SGM mod in one of his vids.You can also try doing a comparison between the SGM and OEM magazines.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:14 pm 

V deleted the video since becoming employed they offer the service and get paid for it or but theirs already “tuned”. Makes sense from a business standpoint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:48 am 

Lovinveprs wrote:
V deleted the video since becoming employed they offer the service and get paid for it or but theirs already “tuned”. Makes sense from a business standpoint

Well good for him! That sounds like a perfect match. Haven't heard from him in a while, hope he's doing well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next