THE VEPR FORUM

www.vepr.org
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm 
Business Member

OK my Vepr is still sitting at Tac 47 awaiting shipping, and already I'm getting questions from customers about what all they are going to have to change on their guns to get them like they want them. Basically I'm telling them to treat it just like a Saiga 12 if they intend to use mags other than the factory 4 rd mags they come with. (BTW...Is this actually 4 rds, or does it hold 5 like the Saiga mags?) Of course they were allowed in country with a PG and a factory FCG but if they want a folding stock or higher capacity mag, FH or other goodies, I'm assuming they need to swap 5 parts total to stay in compliance?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:06 pm 
Big Sal

Cobra762 wrote:
OK my Vepr is still sitting at Tac 47 awaiting shipping, and already I'm getting questions from customers about what all they are going to have to change on their guns to get them like they want them. Basically I'm telling them to treat it just like a Saiga 12 if they intend to use mags other than the factory 4 rd mags they come with. (BTW...Is this actually 4 rds, or does it hold 5 like the Saiga mags?) Of course they were allowed in country with a PG and a factory FCG but if they want a folding stock or higher capacity mag, FH or other goodies, I'm assuming they need to swap 5 parts total to stay in compliance?

This is my understanding as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm 

Quote:
18 USC ยง 922(r) - (a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

Quote:

925(d)(3) - The Attorney General shall authorize a firearm or ammunition
to be imported or brought into the United States or any possession
thereof if the firearm or ammunition -

Quote:
H.R.2112 Sec. 541 None of the funds made available by this Act may be used to pay the salaries or expenses of personnel to deny, or fail to act on, an application for the importation of any model of shotgun if--

(1) all other requirements of law with respect to the proposed importation are met; and

(2) no application for the importation of such model of shotgun, in the same configuration, had been denied by the Attorney General prior to January 1, 2011, on the basis that the shotgun was not particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

Just thought I would add some pertinent text, but I don't feel like deciphering the text ATM. Really we won't know until the they make up the law as they want it to be. Someone will have to write the boys for that to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm 

Cobra762 wrote:
OK my Vepr is still sitting at Tac 47 awaiting shipping, and already I'm getting questions from customers about what all they are going to have to change on their guns to get them like they want them. Basically I'm telling them to treat it just like a Saiga 12 if they intend to use mags other than the factory 4 rd mags they come with. (BTW...Is this actually 4 rds, or does it hold 5 like the Saiga mags?)
My izzy factory mags only hold 4. I think the mags that come with the vepr are 4 aswell.

Cobra762 wrote:
Of course they were allowed in country with a PG and a factory FCG but if they want a folding stock or higher capacity mag, FH or other goodies, I'm assuming they need to swap 5 parts total to stay in compliance?

That is how I am treating it. I am going to replace the stock, pistol grip, and FCG. Maybe the muzzle brake depending.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm 

Saw on CSS website that is says you must change out 5 parts to utilize hi-cap magazines in the VEPR 12. What was weird was that their site did not lost the 3 US made parts in the magazine as parts that can be swapped.

This could be construed as meaning that there needs to be 5 on top of the mag parts, or that the mag parts do not count.

seems like it may confuse someone who has not had any previous dealings with 922(r) compliance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 am 
Business Member

menace667 wrote:
Saw on CSS website that is says you must change out 5 parts to utilize hi-cap magazines in the VEPR 12. What was weird was that their site did not lost the 3 US made parts in the magazine as parts that can be swapped.

This could be construed as meaning that there needs to be 5 on top of the mag parts, or that the mag parts do not count.

seems like it may confuse someone who has not had any previous dealings with 922(r) compliance

Word....

Truth and Innovation.... I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/evlblkwpnz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 am 

I cant see any reason how it could be viewed any different then Saigas in terms of parts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 pm 

Lord AK-47 wrote:
I cant see any reason how it could be viewed any different then Saigas in terms of parts.

This.
The parts count on a saiga 12 and a similarly configured vepr 12 are the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 am 
Business Member

menace667 wrote:

922 is the same on both Vepr and the Saiga12. The reason we did not have the US made mags listed is they were not available at the time. Same with US made hand guards.
US Mags will be for sale this weekend made specifically for the Vepr12.

Saiga Conversion Parts, Vepr Magazines and Accessories
Forum members receive a 5% discount.
Enter CSS in the "Promo Code Box" when you log in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:26 am 
Business Member

CarolinaSS wrote:
menace667 wrote:

922 is the same on both Vepr and the Saiga12. The reason we did not have the US made mags listed is they were not available at the time. Same with US made hand guards.
US Mags will be for sale this weekend made specifically for the Vepr12.

Bring 'em!

Truth and Innovation.... I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/evlblkwpnz