THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 pm 

Csspecs wrote:
hardhead wrote:
I don't recall my 54r VEPR having the LRBHO feature , my 12 gauge does though
If I pull the bolt on the 54r way back , it catches on something but I won't trust the health of my thumbs on it , ( M 1 Garand lesson)

if you have a tapco hammer you may want to look into the posts about bolt carrier mushrooming and fix your hammer surfaces, because tapco made a change to the original AK pattern hammer, that does cause accelerated wear to the tail of the bolt carrier.

My gun was a Mach 1 version and yes on tapco trigger assym. This gun has prolly had no more
than 100 rounds thru it thus far. will look that up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22 pm 

3 on the way

what does the coaster do ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:04 pm 
Business Member

coasters are for on a desk of table to prevent cup rings, they are shaped like the magazines and are milled using the original cad as the magazine tooling... I will clarify the listing a little, I assumed coaster was a widely used term, but I suppose it could be more regional.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm 

I kept thinking of an actual use involving the gun
and the best I came up with was a "vise block"
ok, now I get it, of course, a coaster...

please state your drink of choice for more context

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:49 pm 

Finally got out to the range today. Took about 10 minutes to load the mag the first mag. The second time , it took about 2 minutes. After that, the mag seemed to load easily . Ran 40 rounds with no problems.

Thanks for making these mags Csspecs!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm 

I received my mags the other day
Thank you Ccspecs for a steel mag option for my 54r

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:37 am 

got the 2 steel mags I ordered. they seat beautifully in my rifle, eager to test them out at the range. I'll say the sure look awesome, much nicer looking than the stock plastic magazines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:10 am 

Just got my magazines all 5 fit perfectly in my 23" manufactured 12/13 without any filing.

Very well thought out design, I don't think it's even possible to rim lock the rounds in these.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 am 

range report with my CSS 10rd steel mags, put about 100 rounds through them - no feeding issues on my '13 vepr with the chamfered bolt

couple of times if I didn't quite get the mag seated properly with the lip in front, it gets wedged pretty tight and its really tough to yank it free. probably a training issue

overall very pleased with them and will be picking up some more

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 am 

I ordered only one due to cost. For the price, I needed to see it perform and I am pleased. I had zero malfunctions and do plan on buying more, if it continues to run like this.

I did find that if you put the last round loaded all the way back, it won't get picked up by the bolt. It will be seated too low. I believe that will go away completely after I shoot it enough. The edges of the ramp are rough but I could see the round starting to pop up on its own. I believe it will smooth out soon. I thought a couple pics would make more sense of what I'm talking about. Look at the rim of the casing. Minor issue, not really a problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next