THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 am 
Business Member

Ahhh.... the red pill, you will never be the same.

VIDEO
Just a quick reliability demo, not meant to be entertaining. Ammo used was Remington Sportsman 1375 fps 1-1/8 oz and Federal Multi-purpose 1200 fps 1-1/8 oz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjuzxaXhsk

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ME
This is a 7" Vepr 12. I have decided to call this type of build the V12SS. The already shortened barrel nut is still 1/4" longer than the barrel, so this SBS is even shorter than it looks. I have tested it and it runs 3-3/4 dram loads with factory springs. It will run 3 dram loads with one non factory spring ETA: or a factory Russian 0/0 choke that adds about 1.25". I am not a fan of spring swapping, but without the ability to regulate the gas system it is either swap the spring out for weaker loads or tune the gas system to run weaker loads and really pay for it when firing serious loads while increasing the potential for parts breakage. I am waiting for another range session where I can get new footage with the handguard on. Honestly, I had no clue how it would run the first time out and decided I would do the handguard after the initial evaluation of whether or not it was worth committing to. It was and I'm sure these will run impressively at 8" and longer.

I am not set on an exact price point for 8" builds. I think it will be around $1500-1700. 10", 11", and 12" builds done like this will be an additional $200. Place a $100 deposit to get in line, the remainder of 50% of work cost will be required at weapon intake, and the final balance will be requested when I am done with it. Those of you who already have a Will Call/Reservation in my workload are welcome to change to one of these, just let me know when I contact you for weapon intake. To be perfectly clear, I am backlogged and may cut off new workload reservations quickly if this hits like I think it will. Email me if you are serious about getting one of these, otherwise, please do not contact me asking questions about this. I am not going to share more than what I have here. Just say "I want to reserve a spot in your workload, where do I send the $100 deposit?". When the deposit is received I will confirm it and issue you a work order number. At that point, patiently wait for me to contact you for the weapon.
If you are the kind of person who likes to contact people for an "update", you can either not do business with me or be ignored when you ask for an "update", "how much longer", "are you close", etc.. It is a waste of time and it slows down everything in front of your work, making it that much longer YOU have to wait. Figure it out, that is the reality of what "update" requests do. You have been warned. I will ignore you for the sake of getting some real work done and getting to your work quicker.

I had this build figured out about 20 minutes into examining and measuring the first Vepr 12 I ever owned in late 2012. It is something that I could no longer ignore. It was calling me, so I went ahead and threw it together with a trash barrel that had a bulge at about 8". It was mostly unusable anyway so I wasn't losing anything except time if I didn't like the way the build ran. The way I did it, I could easily just press another barrel back in it later, make an op rod, and have a full length gas system Vepr 12 again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:53 pm 

Oh so sweet! I bet that thing is quite the fire breathing dragon! So, Evl. :twisted:

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39 pm 

So where's the video you. Don't give me a lame response that's on your computer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 pm 
Business Member

Ok, Gizzly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 am 

Thank goodness for that 8" bulge!!! :lol:

OK, my wife came up with that, and I had to share...

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:31 am 
Business Member

It was meant to be. It would have been 8" had it not been for that. I really wanted to do the minimum length that I would offer customers, but I had no choice. I suppose it is fun to go radically short though. I'm pretty sure this is the shortest one in the world with video of it running.