THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:09 am 

Hello all,

My 7.62x39 will be in shortly and because I live in NJ, I need to have the muzzle cap pin either welded on or install a muzzle brake which would also be welded on. I'm looking for something that will help reduce recoil so my wife will feel more comfortable shooting it. My Vepr will have the longer 23" barrel, any suggestions for a decent quality brake that will work well with the Vepr and reduce recoil?

Thank you,
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:16 am 

The muzzle cap is already pinned on. There are so many different brakes. If you want one that is affordable and really functional you can go with an AK74 brake from Tapco. Make sure you get it with 14x1 LH threads.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:55 pm 

Thanks Mike!

Any muzzle brakes I should stay away from?Anything that might cause issues with the function of the rifle?

Commie Mike wrote:
The muzzle cap is already pinned on. There are so many different brakes. If you want one that is affordable and really functional you can go with an AK74 brake from Tapco. Make sure you get it with 14x1 LH threads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:30 am 

You don't have to worry about them causing function problems unless you order a 14x1 lh brake that is made for a lower caliber like .223. Lol. Some brakes are more functional than others bit in all honesty you don't have to spend big cashola on one for an AK. Tacticool isn't always very functional. I like a brake that has holes in the top to help keep the muzzle down in rapid fire. I was real happy with the new Century Arms brake that they put on their American AKS. Most of my AKS have bayonet lugs so my 74s have the AK 74 brake on them. My AK 47s that have lugs on them have slant brakes or a Tapco slotted brake that will work with a bayonet. I have extra brakes if I'm not using my bayos and want a little more control. Take your time and research the brakes before you buy. Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 pm 

Commie Mike wrote:
You don't have to worry about them causing function problems unless you order a 14x1 lh brake that is made for a lower caliber like .223. Lol. Some brakes are more functional than others bit in all honesty you don't have to spend big cashola on one for an AK. Tacticool isn't always very functional. I like a brake that has holes in the top to help keep the muzzle down in rapid fire. I was real happy with the new Century Arms brake that they put on their American AKS. Most of my AKS have bayonet lugs so my 74s have the AK 74 brake on them. My AK 47s that have lugs on them have slant brakes or a Tapco slotted brake that will work with a bayonet. I have extra brakes if I'm not using my bayos and want a little more control. Take your time and research the brakes before you buy. Have fun!

Thanks Mike!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:46 pm 

I plan on buying a fighter brake from AKOU soon. There is a video on the product page where Rob is shooting an AK on full auto and it seems to help quite a bit. On the other hand, I got my dad a knurled brake from CNC Warrior and it works great on his VZ2008. I went the other way entirely, I bought a barrel extension from CNC Warrior and drilled it out to my liking. Worked better than the Tapco slot brake I had. But if I had to pick one, and only one, probably an SRVV jet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 am 

samdjr74 wrote:
Hello all,

My 7.62x39 will be in shortly and because I live in NJ, I need to have the muzzle cap pin either welded on or install a muzzle brake which would also be welded on. I'm looking for something that will help reduce recoil so my wife will feel more comfortable shooting it. My Vepr will have the longer 23" barrel, any suggestions for a decent quality brake that will work well with the Vepr and reduce recoil?

Thank you,
Sam

I use Lantac Dragon for AK47 brake and it awesome. They not cheap, but top notch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:44 pm 

As you have the long barrel version, you might consider the AKML/C from Echo 93.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:22 pm 

Actually, my Vepr doesn't have a threaded muzzle so if I wanted to add a compensator I would need to get a thread cutter, etc.

SERE wrote:
As you have the long barrel version, you might consider the AKML/C from Echo 93.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:01 pm 

samdjr74 wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you,
Sam

Here's what I've received yesterday.
Titanium DualBrake, made by the same company that makes Lantac Drakon. Should be one of the most efficient muzzle brakes for AK. Will test in on next Thursday.