THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 am 

What kind of mount you use for the red dot?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 am 

my contribution, was debating adding a SGM hand guard but liking the look of the wood! Going to the range this weekend to zero the optic and play on the long range to see what's what.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm 

Let us know how it goes with the different rounds you use. I've always been curious to what those 20" barrels can do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:59 am 

Range report on my 20" Vepr. First things first! freaking love this rifle!!! So glad I ordered it! Ok so zeroing at 100 yards per the optics manual. My optic is the Primary arms 1-6X24 SFP w/ACSS “pic below of reticule” Using the Arsenal SM-13 Mount, Leupold PRW 30mm medium rings. I was shooting surplus Yugo M67 ball ammo and achieved 2” group I'm no marksman by any means and sure the rifle can achieve tighter groups!

I took it out for some long range, closest steel was 400 yards, largest target is 18” hexagonal shape and was able to slap that a few times using the built in ballistic drop compensation. Second largest is a 16” round target and hit that a few times when the wind started to pick up.

I also tried my luck on the smaller 12” hexagonal target, that was harder for me to hit. Tried for the 500 yard steel but no luck on that! All in all for my purposes for this rifle it is accurate for that application

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:09 pm 

thegoodbar wrote:
Range report on my 20" Vepr. First things first! freaking love this rifle!!! So glad I ordered it! Ok so zeroing at 100 yards per the optics manual. My optic is the Primary arms 1-6X24 SFP w/ACSS “pic below of reticule” Using the Arsenal SM-13 Mount, Leupold PRW 30mm medium rings. I was shooting surplus Yugo M67 ball ammo and achieved 2” group I'm no marksman by any means and sure the rifle can achieve tighter groups!

I took it out for some long range, closest steel was 400 yards, largest target is 18” hexagonal shape and was able to slap that a few times using the built in ballistic drop compensation. Second largest is a 16” round target and hit that a few times when the wind started to pick up.

I also tried my luck on the smaller 12” hexagonal target, that was harder for me to hit. Tried for the 500 yard steel but no luck on that! All in all for my purposes for this rifle it is accurate for that application

:o :o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm 

Thegoodbar: What kind of trigger are you using? Is it the factory OEM 2 stage? I have found that by replacing or refining the OEM triggers(making it lighter and sweeter of course) will help tighten up shot groups. OEM AK triggers are nothing to brag about. The nicest OEM triggers I ever found were in the Norincos like the Mak 90.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 pm 

yes its the factory trigger. planning on getting a ALG defense trigger when my dealer has them available. Have one in my Sam7sf and love that trigger!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:12 pm 

I try to make all my triggers single stage. I understand why there are 2 stage triggers but just don't care for them. I have a 7mm Rem Mag with a 1lb trigger. I have to be careful on windy days blowing in my face. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:34 pm 

I mostly like single stage triggers also. Most of my rigs have them, except for one of my Ar DMR builds has a two stage SSA-E inside. And a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 that has a set trigger thats crazy! Oh and another pic hehe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:57 pm 

Wanted to share the picture of my rifle. I'm not sure it's available in US in this config now, but it may well be available soon if import from Russia will be resumed.
Specs:
Series name: Vepr-1B
Model name: VPO-126
Cal: 7,62x39
Barrel: 42cm (16.5')
Detachable flash extinguisher, AGR-47 Rubberized pistol grip.
Picatinny rail is factory mounted.
Scope: Yukon Jaeger 1-4x24 with X01i (German 4) illuminated reticle, 90mm eye relief on mediun steel rings.
Weight: 5,2Kg (11.46 Lbs) with 10rounds plastic magazine.
In future the original handguard will be replaced by the same but with picatinny rail at the bottom, and tactical bipods added to ease shooting from the table. That's it. Not sure I'll mount quadrails and so on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next