THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:57 am 

So, that is the exact reply they sent to me! Like, verbatim! Did you also shoot Hornady A-Max with no issues? Or did they just copy and paste the response they gave me to you? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:58 am 

And russianmaksim, what do you mean you had it converted already? Did you convert it to take AR mags?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:43 pm 

cooldogface wrote:
So, that is the exact reply they sent to me! Like, verbatim! Did you also shoot Hornady A-Max with no issues? Or did they just copy and paste the response they gave me to you? :shock:

No, I haven't. But I think I did figure out the problem thanks to slow motion videos I took.
I sent the videos to him, I'm sure you have the same issue where the bullet tip is hitting the bottom of the chamber and getting flung up from the bullet end. I'm thinking that the feed ramp may need to be improved because it must just be partially hitting the flat end of the barrel just below it a bit and that's why the cartridges get thrown straight up into the piston portion of the bolt carrier and flung either right or left by it.
There were so many things I thought were going on, but video = truth...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Glt6j ... Dfdf2EaDSo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 pm 

What did FIME have to say about your video? I'm curious if it'll be enough for them to say that we'll need to send the rifles in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Please provide Model, Serial Number, Date of purchase, your name, address and phone number.
We will issue you a RMA# allowing you to send the firearm in for warranty evaluation and repair.

So I guess I'm sending it in... sigh. I've got my RMA # now, but I'll send it next week though. I want to use it a bit over the weekend because it mostly works fine if I don't load the mags full.
I don't know if they'll do it, but I also requested to go up to the 23" barrel model if they aren't going to send me the same rifle back to me. I'll see if they'll remember or honor that request, I'll pay the extra cost of the gun if need be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 pm 

Interesting. I guess I should find a friend with a good video camera and get mine going as well!
I'm interested to see if they grant your request. Or to see what they do to fix yours if they insist on you keeping the same gun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:39 am 

cooldogface wrote:
And russianmaksim, what do you mean you had it converted already? Did you convert it to take AR mags?

changed butt stock, rail, muzzle brake and etc.. I am waiting for CSSPECS for better magazines.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:49 am 

cooldogface wrote:
Interesting. I guess I should find a friend with a good video camera and get mine going as well!
I'm interested to see if they grant your request. Or to see what they do to fix yours if they insist on you keeping the same gun.

I just used the slomo camera mode on my iphone SE, and shined an led flood light right into the chamber to catch the video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 pm 

Any updates from FIME, or info about what the issue was?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm 

cooldogface wrote:
Any updates from FIME, or info about what the issue was?

No updates yet.
They received my 6.5 rifle on the 26th of Feb, so I don't expect it to be too much longer before I hear something. This will be day 13 theyv'e had it, Saturday the 10th of March.
I had to do this once before with FIME though, and it was 20 days total from the date they received it to the date I had it back in my hands. They sent me another UPS tracking number the day the shipped the new gun out.
They didn't give any specifics last time, just a generic message. Then again the problem was pretty cut and dry last time too, a bent up ejector rail. This 6.5 issue is trickier and might take longer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next