THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 pm 

I recently picked up a vepr chambered in 6.5 Grendel. This past weekend I took it out shooting and was running into an issue where it was ejecting live rounds. I was putting weight on the mag while shooting, the rife is all stock using the mags that came with it. What could be the cause and solution to this problem?

I also have been having issues with the next round failing to feed into the chamber for firing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 am 

I do not believe anyone here has much experience with the Vepr in 6.5 Grendel. I have never seen an AK eject live rounds. My old SKS used to eject live rounds and fail to feed. It was due to defective aftermarket magazine. Switching back to OEM fixed mag solved that problem.

Since your rifle is brand new and unmodified, using OEM magazines and experiencing issues uncommon to the platform, I think its fair to say that your rifle is defective and you should seek repair/replacement from the Vendor as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:41 am 

Thank you kar120c that is what I was leaning to as well, I appreciate your input.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:29 am 
Big Sal

I agree with Karl. Out of curiosity, was the ammo steel case or brass?

best,
BigSal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 am 

New to the forum and I apologize for resurrecting this post from the dead, but I have also been having problems with my 6.5 G Vepr. Just like OP, my Vepr is all stock and using the factory 10 round magazines. I have only shot around 80-100 rounds from it, so it is still very new. I first shot a 20 round box of Hornady 123 gr A-MAX with no problems. That ammo is fairly expensive, so I bought 240 rounds of Wolf Ammo (100 gr FMJ). My rifle has since had some sort of problem with 25-30% of shots fired, but sporadically, meaning I might go through a full mag with no problems, or I might have 2-5 cartridges fail. My issues have been cartridges getting jammed into the chamber sideways and pushing the bullet into the casing, having live rounds get ejected instead of firing, stovepipes, etc. Does anybody else have experience with the Wolf Ammo? (which is steel case btw) Did I just get a bad batch of ammo? Is it the magazines? Is my Vepr just a lemon? Any insight would be much appreciated. And OP, did you ever resolve your issue or did you get rid of the gun and try something else?