It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:09 am 
Business Member

Posted on Vepr.org First!
New Vepr Key-Mod Hard guard.
SHIPPING NOW!

SALE PRICE $199.95 (December 2015)

Our new Vepr hand guard was a collaborative design project between Shore Tactical and Manticore Firearms over the last six months. With limited options in the market and a growing popularity of the Vepr line of rifles we felt that a new stock was need.
Milled from a solid four pound block of 6061 T6 billet aluminum the stock weighs in at 12.3 ounces when complete and is both light weight, strong and cools well during semi auto firing. Its side step shape makes grasping the guard feel natural to the shooter’s hand.
Seven rows of 76 keymods leave endless mounting possibilities with a unique option for 45 degree mounting positions. The overall size of the stock is not that much dissimilar from the wood factory stock and doesn’t have that over-sized or bulky feel.
A long lasting tough hard anodized coating will protect against wear and scratching. Included is a stainless steel screw to replace the soft metal factory screw to securely hold the stock in place.
Installing is as easy as sliding the rear lip of the stock into the Vepr receiver and securing the front with the provided screw. This aftermarket stainless steel screw will sit flush with the handguard allowing a keymod accessory to mounted over it.

Please don’t forget to check out our Keymod accessories HERE.

Length:11.25"
Width:1.4375"
Height:2.25"
Weight: 12.3 oz
Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum
Seven rows of Keymods (76 total)
Easy Install (Screw Included)
Ergonomic Design
Hard Anodized coating

$214.95

http://www.shoretactical.com/product_info.php/manticore-arms-vepr-keymod-handguard-p-487

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:02 pm 

Looks like a nice way to finish off anEVL Black Weapon!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:49 am 
Business Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 pm 
Business Member

As of today this is no longer a pre-order and unit are shipping now!
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:37 am 

I think its looking sweet, but I have to ask, can you tell me how is yours better or different then Krebs Custom, your priced similar. I got few vepr rifles and I am thinking about putting keynode quadrail on it.

Shore Tactical wrote:
Posted on Vepr.org First!
New Vepr Key-Mod Hard guard.
SHIPPING NOW!

Our new Vepr hand guard was a collaborative design project between Shore Tactical and Manticore Firearms over the last six months. With limited options in the market and a growing popularity of the Vepr line of rifles we felt that a new stock was need.
Milled from a solid four pound block of 6061 T6 billet aluminum the stock weighs in at 12.3 ounces when complete and is both light weight, strong and cools well during semi auto firing. Its side step shape makes grasping the guard feel natural to the shooter’s hand.
Seven rows of 76 keymods leave endless mounting possibilities with a unique option for 45 degree mounting positions. The overall size of the stock is not that much dissimilar from the wood factory stock and doesn’t have that over-sized or bulky feel.
A long lasting tough hard anodized coating will protect against wear and scratching. Included is a stainless steel screw to replace the soft metal factory screw to securely hold the stock in place.
Installing is as easy as sliding the rear lip of the stock into the Vepr receiver and securing the front with the provided screw. This aftermarket stainless steel screw will sit flush with the handguard allowing a keymod accessory to mounted over it.

Please don’t forget to check out our Keymod accessories HERE.

Length:11.25"
Width:1.4375"
Height:2.25"
Weight: 12.3 oz
Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum
Seven rows of Keymods (76 total)
Easy Install (Screw Included)
Ergonomic Design
Hard Anodized coating

$214.95

http://www.shoretactical.com/product_info.php/manticore-arms-vepr-keymod-handguard-p-487

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 am 
Business Member

Krebs makes great products so I'd rather not go into why one guard is better than the other. I'll just give some incite into our product.
Our goal when producing ours with Manticore was to have a hand guard that was easy to hold. When shooting our Veprs with factory wood furniture we felt that the dimensions were conformable. I personally have smaller hands and the small recess at the top part of the stock is easier for me to grasp and feels natural in the hand. Obviously there are more mounting options than you could need with 7 rows of key-mods. Without a top cover the hand guard cools very well and installation is very easy.
If you look at our site you can see we have a little favoritism towards the Vepr rifles. Adding new offerings to the market and giving owner options about what they want to bolt onto there rifles is really the key. I would't have invested money into making something that I wouldn't bolt onto my personal Vepr, which is the rifle featured on our main page.
Manticore Arms is a known manufacture of some of the best new products and this rail is no different.
I have planes for several other additions to the Vepr world working with Manticore but will be depending on how this item is received by the community as it was a significant investment.
If you have any question about it or want any other picture just contact me and I'll be happy to help.
-Jay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:04 am 

Thank you for your quick response.

I will definitely consider your handrail. Are you guys going to be making other accessories, like magazines? I wish there was option for 54r on magazines. all other vepr rifles either magazine works or I can put bullet guide. Its not that 10 rounder SGM magazine is bad, but I like to have 15 or 20 round magazine. Veprs beautiful rifles but some accessory options are limited.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:54 pm 
Business Member

We do have a local fabrication shop working on a prototype mag but no ideas about production just yet. There are also more plans for Manticore accessories but like I said its a large investment/gamble that you have something like this made and it dosen't sell. So we'll see how this goes over the next few weeks and maybe will get started on something new.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm 

Looks great! Any idea if this will fit on a 308 Saiga?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 am 
Business Member

TH-X15 wrote:
Looks great! Any idea if this will fit on a 308 Saiga?

Sorry TH,
This has only been designed to fit on Vepr rifles. Thanks.