THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 30-06 V2 flatback?
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:33 am 

Anyone by chance know if there was ever a 30-06 V2 flatback made?

I dont have the cash for one at the moment, but was curious if there are any out there. Sometimes I get bored and browse Gunbroker a bit, but never seen any of those models.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 30-06 V2 flatback?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 am 

I dont think they are importing ANY V2's anymore which is a shame. I have a 308 V2 and love the integrated sights and clean bbl. They just starting bringing the 06s over recently so I doubt it. Prob the closest your gonna see is a Pioneer or Super. I think I saw one in 30.06 a few years ago but don't think they made it to the states.

My bad, I thought a V2 was the integrated model, thats how Centerfire listed them many yrs ago, I see your referring the square, non slant back

Last edited by juxtposed2 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:32 am 
Business Member

I don't see one, but it seems we get odd variants here due to our legal handicaps.
http://www.vepr.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2688

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 am 

Thanks for the input, guys. And cool link Evl.

Guess if I sourced some parts, or cannibalized a couple rifles I could put one together, but already too much on my plate. I at least know now that I don't have to keep searching for something that doesn't exist here in the states.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:23 pm 
Business Member

Six wrote:
Thanks for the input, guys. And cool link Evl.

Guess if I sourced some parts, or cannibalized a couple rifles I could put one together, but already too much on my plate. I at least know now that I don't have to keep searching for something that doesn't exist here in the states.

It is annoying to have to go through all of that to have something in a simple configuration that it should have came in originally. It may make more sense to just put it in another receiver. I think NDS may have something that would work as I was doing some digging a few years ago.

I have no clue why no one, and I'm pretty sure about that, prefers a slant back receiver but that is how they come here. There are some middle men in the equation between the factory and the importers called "jobbers", as I understand it, and it would not surprise me if they were ordering/buying the slant back rifles simply because it is cheaper than placing an order for a run of flat backs. The problem may be that the McMuffin (cheap) mentality on the supply side overrides the thought that many might just pay a little more for a flat back receiver weapon (Faberge Egg). As long as people buy what they want us to have they will keep giving us that instead of what we really want. We should boycott slant back rifles and the new fixed stock shotguns, and post everywhere that we will only buy flat back or factory folders. They will get the message and something will happen, be it significant price drops or getting proper weapons stateside.

If an importer or jobber is reading this... LISTEN TO US, WE WANT FLAT BACK RIFLES AND WOULD LIKELY PAY $100 MORE FOR THEM