THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:16 pm 

Sirex wrote:
I had 3 7.62x54r Veprs. I tried to love them. I really did. The magazine design, and fear of extractor issues led me to sell them. If you all develop a double stack 7.62x54r Vepr, with steel mags, I will buy another. I do however have a 7.62x39 and 308 Vepr, and love them both. I'd love another 54r, but not until they get better mags.

I don't know if they will import double stack or not. But CSSPECS did make good magazines. I have shot them and they work. If you get 54r and with dish cut, there is modification you can do to make it work. If you love the rifle, make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:00 pm 

Quote:
This change basically makes the rifle only function with the original 5 round magazine.. And even with the original five round certain bullet profiles get cut by the bolt. The rounds are being held down by the bolt and the third lug is the lowest part so it is in contact of the projectile regardless of the angle.. I did a little looking and it seems that many people with rifles made after the change was made report larger groups even with match ammo.

This is what is happening from time to time with the new profile (SGM magazines but it is not the magazines doing it).
Not every bullet gets this damaged, but pretty much every bullet gets a scuff or gouge.

I have passed this one to the constructors. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:47 pm 

All of the molot rifles in 7.62x54R appear to be overgassed as evidenced by the force and distance of the ejected brass
Can you please re-consider your decision of not including an adjustable gas block on this caliber unlike the (some or all) 30-06 caliber rifles you sell
This feature should be standard on all 7.62x54r including the hunter model
Can you make the adjustable gas block available for sale as a replacement part, please , together with other spare parts like bolts, recoil spring assemblies etc

Don't wait for fime or whoever to ask, just offer it to them yourself, insist on it and follow thru

Thank You

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:13 pm 

Quote:
All of the molot rifles in 7.62x54R appear to be overgassed as evidenced by the force and distance of the ejected brass
Can you please re-consider your decision of not including an adjustable gas block on this caliber unlike the (some or all) 30-06 caliber rifles you sell
Can you make the adjustable gas block available for sale as a replacement part, please , together with other spare parts like bolts, recoil spring assemblies etc

Don't wait for fime or whoever to ask, just offer it to them yourself, insist on it and follow thru

Thank You

We are producing and selling adjustable gas blocks for 54R caliber rifles here in Russia. All of the export matters are to be discussed with Fime Group. We are willing to export everything we produce, the only question is what they can bring in the USA. I'm pretty sure they are also interested in bringing as much as possible.

I have passed this info to the constructors, we will see what the answer will be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:23 pm 

I have heard, that US-based company SGM Tactical is about to start the production of VEPR 7,62x54R Rifle double stack to single feed 20 RD mags real soon. As well as a 25RD drum. :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:54 am 

Russian_Molot wrote:
Quote:

Thank You

We are producing and selling adjustable gas blocks for 54R caliber rifles here in Russia. All of the export matters are to be discussed with Fime Group. We are willing to export everything we produce, the only question is what they can bring in the USA. I'm pretty sure they are also interested in bringing as much as possible.

I have passed this info to the constructors, we will see what the answer will be.

I don't see them to be over gassed, I have one and shoots really well. Vepr 3006 have adjustable gas block, shoots very nice. Thank you for your update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:59 am 

Russian_Molot wrote:
I have heard, that US-based company SGM Tactical is about to start the production of VEPR 7,62x54R Rifle double stack to single feed 20 RD mags real soon. As well as a 25RD drum. :!:

They have been working on 20 round, double stack to single feed 20 round magazine for two years. Their 10 round magazine is ok magazine and not something to call home about. I don't trust them making 25 round drum. lol

CSSPECS is great magazine company that just produced 10 round steel magazine and very soon coming out 15 round steel single stack magazine. I have 5 of 10 round magazines and they work great. I know there was little issue with dish cut bolts, but minor mod to the bolt makes those work great on new version of 54r

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:17 am 

I think fime is hoping people will buy a second rifle for the spare parts. I mean seriously why is it so damn hard to get spares? I really cant see firing pins, extractors, recoil springs etc being that hard to get into the country. Legion is somehow getting extractors in. But then again fime/kvar is notorious for always being out of stock for obnoxiously long periods of time or miraculously "finding" long lost hidden crates of parts and firearms in the darkest corners of their warehouse. I wish Molot could link up with a no B.S importer who will bring in everything they have to offer thats importable including spare parts. Many people dont buy Molot rifles or shotguns because of the unavailibility of propietary spare/replacement parts. To be honest fime/kvar is doing Molot a disservice not bringing in the parts that are in high demand and would ultimately sell more Molot firearms.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 pm 

What is the future hold for Vepr rifles?