THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:27 pm 

So it's been 2 days now, for those that celebrate Christmas™,what did you get this year? :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:54 am 

Santa brought me a Multivault bedside safe that only opens 50% of the time so it's going back on the sled. He also got me a gift card to Cabelas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:04 am 

A pair of csspecs V12 mags & a couple new holsters so far :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:46 pm 

He brought me home for Christmas to be with my family and friends. The best gift ever!

Live for something or die for nothing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:40 am 

Spam can of 7.62x39 and enough Ebay gift cards to buy gun stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 pm 

Seems a lot of people were on Santa's "Naughty List" this year and didn't get anything judging by the lack of responses. :mrgreen:

rl96ss, hope you get that problem sorted. :|

AdioSS, Sirex, and Georgiapd, thanks for sharing. :)

We had no money for gifts this year due to medical bills but we had a good time with the family, and that is more important to me. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:40 pm 

My wife extended our marriage for another year due to my gun addiction. I buy all year and get nothing for Christmas. I like it that way...lol....if she ever does buy me a gun for Christmas I will know its the end..lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm 

Haha, awesome Mike. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:38 pm 

Apparently, I was on the naughty list. :lol:

Actually, the folks got the flu really bad on Christmas Eve, so they cancelled Christmas dinner - which means the rest of the family didn't travel into town. So I spent Christmas home alone watching movies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:37 am 

Not exactly Santa and not exactly Christmas... My mom has had my daughter for the last week. We live about a 7 hour drive apart. So, I drove to where they live and have stayed a couple of days (headed back tomorrow). Went to a gun show with my dad today. As we walked around I eyed a couple of Mini 14s. Pointed out of few of them to my dad (found a real old one too). Then said something about how I like his Mini 14 and have wanted one since before he got his.

We went back to his house, looked at some guns of his, and chatted. Then he pulls out his Mini 14. I said something kind of asking about the difficulty in taking one apart. He'd mentioned before about having some difficulty getting the bolt to go in easily before. So he hands me the gun and the book and says I should try it out. So I took it apart, put it back together, and he says, "it's yours. You like it, I don't shoot it. The last time it was shot was when you shot it a couple of years ago."

ImageIMAG0379, on Flickr

I can't stop looking at it.

Feels like Christmas (though my birthday is in just a couple of weeks too -- not that I really care about my birthday any more). He got it at a show but it was basically new. He still had the box, lock, 5 round magazine, 2 twenty round Ruger magazines, and 2 twenty round plastic mags that work as long as you only put about 15 rounds in them.

It is a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle. The scope is Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x.