THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:36 pm 

Greetings from Nord Skogen. New member. I just picked up a Vepr in 7.62x54R, 20" barrel. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully soon. Ordered up some PPU 182gr HB. I plan on leaving most of the furniture stock at least during the initial paces. I'd like to get a muzzle device asap. My rifle has the pinned barrel nut and I have seen some tips on getting that off. Is anyone aware of rifles with this nut which are not threaded? Not sure if I want to go with a SVD-type flash hider or a 74-type brake. I ordered up a Midwest Industries side scope mount, now looking for a scope. I have a couple of decent Leupolds, but have heard about scopes taking a beating so not sure if I want to throw one of those on. Anyone happen to be running the MI mount with an other-than-PSOP scope?

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm 
Big Sal

Special Projects wrote:
Greetings from Nord Skogen. New member. I just picked up a Vepr in 7.62x54R, 20" barrel. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully soon. Ordered up some PPU 182gr HB. I plan on leaving most of the furniture stock at least during the initial paces. I'd like to get a muzzle device asap. My rifle has the pinned barrel nut and I have seen some tips on getting that off. Is anyone aware of rifles with this nut which are not threaded? Not sure if I want to go with a SVD-type flash hider or a 74-type brake. I ordered up a Midwest Industries side scope mount, now looking for a scope. I have a couple of decent Leupolds, but have heard about scopes taking a beating so not sure if I want to throw one of those on. Anyone happen to be running the MI mount with an other-than-PSOP scope?

Ive never seen a unit that had a barrel nut that wasnt threaded. You should be good to go! I think the best seller for getting the PSOP scope is the Bullet Drop Count thats built into the range finder. You are not going to find that on western reticles.

best,
Sal