THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 am 

If you impute omnicience to them though, you are already hosed. So just live the life you were going to anyway.

The cardinal rule of the information age is never record or post anything you wouldn't want on the front cover of the new york times.

A better rule for life is never do anything you wouldn't be OK with being publicly known. Maybe they don't need to see picures, but that's another issue.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:27 pm 

Anyone else have updated recommendations on best photo hosting services? Personal, auction, forums, etc?

Does photobucket have viewing limitations? I seem to recall a bunch of dead and broken links for pics hosted there.

Good rules of thumb GunFun, always good to remember.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:29 pm 
Voice of Reason

I use Imgur for everything, and never had a problem. The others all have one issue or another, unless you want to pay for a smugmug account.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:35 pm 

Lately, I've just been uploading here directly by right clicking on each photo, choosing edit in paint and reducing size in both dimenstions to 60%. The de-rez that does is usually enough to allow direct upload to the forum and bypasses the 3p hosting issues.

Obviously, sometimes the resolution matters, so you will want to use an external host now and then.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 am 
Dan

I use Google Imgaes to post pictures on here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:41 am 

There are many ways to downsize, but if you are like me, you don't want to have to interact with each photo and would prefer a bulk automatic method. The easiest way that still leaves enough resolution for viewing that can be embedded here is to use the "send to" function of windows. (I'm using Win 7) You do not even need to open the photos to do this. You can downsize a huge number of photos in seconds with this method. This assumes you know minimal basics about using directories in Windows.

*Method*
Go to directory where photos are stored.
Highlight the photos you wish to downsize.
Right click on the selected photos and move pointer down to "send to" and then choose "mail recipient".
You'll get a pop-up window to choose a size. Choose "large".
This will then take downsize all those photos and attached them to an e-mail, popping an e-mail window open.
Highlight the photos that are attached within the e-mail and drag them to another directory (or location of your choice) where you want to keep your downsized photos.
Close the e-mail that was just created to get rid of it.
The downsized photos will now be in that directory where you moved them from the e-mail.

And there you go. Takes a 4 Mb photos to under 150 Kb each with practically ZERO interaction on your part... and can be done in bulk.

Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:29 pm 

We use this at work, and it's free for home use.

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

It would probably scare away those who don't know what settings to use, but it does a fantastic job. No resolution loss at all and file sizes are typically 8% of the original from the camera. Incredible. 8-)