THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello from Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm 

Hello to all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Louisiana Country boy, retired 6 yrs ago from the U.S.Army after 24 years of service, and an additional 6 as a private security contractor.
I operate a small gunsmith shop from my home, HK's are my main focus, but I also provide build/repair services for the AR and AK weaponry also. Most of my gunsmith work I perform is for my own weaponry , LE, and private contractors, and is secondary to my main job as a Diesel mechanic.
I Have been reading a few posts from this forum over the past couple of months and decided to join a couple of weeks back, I just got caught up and made time to introduce myself.
Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your forum, and I look forward to been an interactive member.
Big T

Last edited by Albatross on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Louisiana
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 am 

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Native Louisianan here. Glad to have you with us! 8-)

Most of all, thanks much for your service.

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 am 

Welcome!

Me, born and raised in New Orleans, LA.

HK-45c carry, plus lots of other stuff and a couple 12GA s'guns, 1 of which is the Vepr.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. Just got my first new VEPR 12's in yesterday. both fixed stock 12-01's, 10- 10rnd mags and 500 rnds of Hornaday critical defense 00 Buck 1600fps. I have worked on a couple with cycling issues (actually solved the problems from posts here via google search) but these are my first.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am 

Welcome to Vepr Forum!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 am 

And he actually uses Google to search the forum?!?!?

I LOVE THIS GUY. :D

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 am 

Yep, Google search is how I found the forum. My nephew brought me his vepr 12 with cycling issues, so after cleaning the weapon thoroughly with no improvement , I googled it and found a thread to the forum on clogged gas ports, BINGO! problem solved. Happy to be a member. After passing a couple of these through my shop, I couldn't resist having a couple in my collection.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 am 

Albatross wrote:
Hello to all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Louisiana Country boy, retired 6 yrs ago from the U.S.Army after 24 years of service.
I operate a small gunsmith shop from my home, HK's are my main focus, but I also provide build/repair services for the AR and AK weaponry also. Most of my gunsmith work I perform is for my own weaponry , LE, and private contractors, and is secondary to my main job as a Diesel mechanic.
I Have been reading a few posts from this forum over the past couple of months and decided to join a couple of weeks back, I just got caught up and made time to introduce myself.
Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your forum, and I look forward to been an interactive member.
Big T

Welcome, I actually own 3 hk pistols, hk 556 and hk 762a1. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 pm 

German weaponry is my passion followed by most European arms and Russian. I fold my own (U.S.)receiver flats and build from German parts kits using new RCM (also U.S.) Barrels. RCM is the only U.S. manufacturer that uses the proper heat treating. Don't get me wrong, I own many U.S. made weapons Colt, Ruger, KAC, LMT, ARES, but the ladder of these are very expensive.
I remember my family sending me Armalite nickel boron BCG's and heavy buffers to make my M4 more dependable, and carrying a second sidearm, a West German Sig P220, because my US M9 didn't like sand under the extractor. Cleaning our weapons was at the top of the priority list, as opposed to an AKM or G3 that was right at home in the worst environments.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm 

Right now I'm just loving my new VEPR 12's.. :D