THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: English Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:17 pm 

Hi All

I am looking to buy a Vepr-12 shotgun and found this sight. It looks like its full of good information.

I am an old ex Royal Navy Gunner,having served 11yrs for my country. I have manned 6" turrets, 4.5"turrets and right down to 9mm handguns so I have enjoyed most things that go "bang".

Over here in UK we are restricted to 3 shot shotguns, on standard licence, but by special certification we can have "multi shot magazine feed shotguns,semi auto .22`s, straight pull single shot centre fire rifles, long barrelled pistols/revolvers.

As many years ago we had legal access to semi auto pistols/rifles I took part in many 3 gun shoots over here.

So now to the restrictions I am looking to buy a Vepr-12 and will be picking your brains for info.

Anyway that's me, any questions please ask.

Thanks John

Post subject: Re: English Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:06 pm 

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for serving in the military in the free world. You will enjoy the V12. I was in England last summer to see Maiden at Knebworth. Great country and awesome brew. Bangers and Mash for life!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:08 am 

Hi Commie Mike

Thanks for the welcome.

Glad you visited us here across the pond and enjoyed yourself, Bangers and mash !!!don`t forget the fried onions with it !!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:45 am 

Welcome.

The saiga and vepr 12s seem to be about the most fun a normal person can acquire in the UK. You won't go wrong.

It's a shame to see the long pipes they make you have, but it sure beats the alternatives. Some of the craziest looking compettitive shooting was I think a club in (Wales? ) They were running veprs and other autoloaders while sprinting over a teeter totter bridge across a stream. (i think your side of the pond has another word for a teeter-totter, AKA see-saw, but I can't remember it.) The targets would only come into view just as the bridge was tilting, so these guys were shooting at almost full sprint from a moving object. It was a blast to watch, but I would never want to administrate that match.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:09 pm 

Thanks Gunfun.

Yes, I suppose we are unlucky with what we can have compared to you, we have to make the best of what we can get.

There is a club down south of England that run a very good show, its called.
SHIELD SHOOTING CENTRE , if you get time google it and look at some of the events. They have the see saw as well, and an awesome swinging chair going side to side !!

Take it easy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:37 am 

That might be what I saw, then. I hope you get to play there.

Use it as much as you can, and share it as much as you are allowed. The more people who experience it, the more people you will have long term to swing public opinion.

You can enjoy a few things that are hard to impossible for us to get, such as SVDs (albeit straight pull.) And your airgun scene has some enviably skilled marksmen. We have been copying your country's pest control system of making night vision scopes from video cameras. Not me personally, but folks I know. We're all in the same boat.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite