THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:38 pm 

For the sake of data and ease of click to view I am not going to {img} them.

(any good? I know I heard people loving Chinese stuff)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47t2s ... sp=sharing

(seems to be lacquered, any good?)

(seems to be maybe pure brass? Shoots decently)

(is this brass coated steel?)

(is this good russian ammo? Corrosive? Brand?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:37 am 

Some of those I've never used. The Norinco is really hard to come by these days. The yellow box Norinco has a steel core and was banned from future importation back in the 90s. Most guys that come across it save it for a rainy day. I have around 500 rounds of it in storage. The price is ridiculous if you can find it. All the ammo choices will run fine in your AK. AKs eat everything.I like any 762x 39 that is affordable to stockpile and shoot on the range. I do like the Golden Tiger because of the pretty boxes they come in. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:56 am 

Commie Mike wrote:
Some of those I've never used. The Norinco is really hard to come by these days. The yellow box Norinco has a steel core and was banned from future importation back in the 90s. Most guys that come across it save it for a rainy day. I have around 500 rounds of it in storage. The price is ridiculous if you can find it. All the ammo choices will run fine in your AK. AKs eat everything.I like any 762x 39 that is affordable to stockpile and shoot on the range. I do like the Golden Tiger because of the pretty boxes they come in. Lol.

LOL. So in short dont friggin use the yellow box but keep it for a rainy day. Gotcha.

I may have to see if he has more somewhere.

So is it brass coated though?

I think I will get some golden and silver bear. Just so I can avoid the lacquer build up my mini 30 saw.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:08 pm 

The Norinco steel core is a copper washed steel case. Buy it up If your buddy wants to get rid of it for a fair price. You can buy Tula real cheap if on a budget. Check out Slick Guns for prices on 7.62x39. Beware of shipping. SG Ammo has good shipping rates. The more you buy at one time , the more you save in bulk shipping. Some companies will have low price per round but rape you in shipping to recoup that great "Sale," price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:15 pm 

Commie Mike wrote:
The Norinco steel core is a copper washed steel case. Buy it up If your buddy wants to get rid of it for a fair price. You can buy Tula real cheap if on a budget. Check out Slick Guns for prices on 7.62x39. Beware of shipping. SG Ammo has good shipping rates. The more you buy at one time , the more you save in bulk shipping. Some companies will have low price per round but rape you in shipping to recoup that great "Sale," price.

to be honest the reason I am favoring the golden bear or silver bear is the lacquer but also the fact of durability. Or does the polyformance stuff perform well enough and not damaged the ak47 platform as badly as say an AR platform

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:51 pm 

They are good choices. I have a mixture; FMJ,Steelcore,HP,SP154gr.My AKs eat everything I feed them. It's nice having an assortment for different applications. My ARs eat Brown Bear all day long. Recently I bought 2k rounds of Golden Tiger .223. My ARs would not run it effectively due to hard primers and light strikes. Soooo...I purchased a Zastava M90 np rifle that takes AR mags. It runs the GT like a sewing machine. Now I feel it is necessary to sell some of my ARs to buy more M90s. I will only keep a pair of ARs. The AK platform buries the AR platform when it comes to ammo choices and overall efficiency. The only edge the AR has is the weight and accuracy. The funny thing is how most guys put so much crap on their ARs they are heavier than some AKs. Lol. Since I don't have to hike miles in a desert where it's 120 degrees,Ill stick with the AK platform. The reliability alone with all types of ammo is unparalleled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:08 pm 

Commie Mike wrote:
They are good choices. I have a mixture; FMJ,Steelcore,HP,SP154gr.My AKs eat everything I feed them. It's nice having an assortment for different applications. My ARs eat Brown Bear all day long. Recently I bought 2k rounds of Golden Tiger .223. My ARs would not run it effectively due to hard primers and light strikes. Soooo...I purchased a Zastava M90 np rifle that takes AR mags. It runs the GT like a sewing machine. Now I feel it is necessary to sell some of my ARs to buy more M90s. I will only keep a pair of ARs. The AK platform buries the AR platform when it comes to ammo choices and overall efficiency. The only edge the AR has is the weight and accuracy. The funny thing is how most guys put so much crap on their ARs they are heavier than some AKs. Lol. Since I don't have to hike miles in a desert where it's 120 degrees,Ill stick with the AK platform. The reliability alone with all types of ammo is unparalleled.

Yeah may still pick up lowers just so I have if crudy people hit the fan and win.

So how many rounds do you go through on a day at the range? I tend to shoot about 100-300 heh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm 

Having a range in my backyard helps me limit the amount I shoot. After I zero my rifles I pull them out from time to time and run 10-30 rounds. I've been playing with AKs for decades and understand very well what they are capable of. If I shoot 100 rounds, I replace with 150. Lol. Gotta keep the stockpile growing. Usually when I get a new AK that I've never had I'm prone to running more rounds through it to see what she can do- maybe a few hundred at different yardages. Then I'll swap out some parts and brakes for another round. When my boys come up all hell brakes loose with them usually being the shooters. Them boys can dump some mags, especially when we put a bumpski stock on for a rush.I wish I had the money to dump cases every other day but then reality sets in. I would recommend getting to know your rifle well and shooting it as often as you can until you are totally confident with its accuracy and reliability. Make sure you have plenty of ammo all the time. Guns are worthless if you cant feed them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:50 am 

A lot of the chinese stuff is still sold in Canuckistan. 314299 shooting channel on youtube has thorough scientific reviews of a lot of that kind of thing, in most of the soviet block calibers, and brit stuff too.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:23 pm 

Boat tail bullets, for the win.