THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 pm 

So apparently its ok for me to buy 3 boxes of federal 12 gauge bulk pack 100x shells per box but not ok for me to buy 4 boxes of suprema target load at 25x shells per box. My Wal mart management logic!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 pm 

Goofy :roll:

Just buy some every single time you go in... Spreads cost out as well!

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:39 pm 

Yea, i was just grocery shopping and grabbed 3 boxes of Suprema Vepr food because i just gave a buddy 150 shells for his birthday. I'm stocking up on suprema because you never know when the next
Obama unsupervised executive order or mass murder may happen. Someone will scoop up all the suprema and sell it on gunbroker as cheap vepr ammo 10-15 bucks a box!
You can guaran dam tee that !
Ks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:51 pm 

Hi all, I have been feeding my Vepr 12 & my Saiga 12 both the Suprema 00 Buck and the Suprema Premium Game and Target loads with great success for a longtime now. The target loads are 2&3/4 long with 1315 velocity 3&1/4 dram 1oz 7.5 shot. Never a dud shell yet, no FTE or FTF every time goes bang and cycles. On the other hand the Winchester heavy lead load game and target at 3&1/8 dram have been a disappointment. The Remington stuff I've run have mixed results as well.
The Estate branded heavier stuff seems to run well too, but so far the Suprema is my go to food for my Russian babies. But the Suprema00 buck is around $.50 a shot not $.80-$1.00 like some of the Remington and Winchester stuff I've used in the past at least. I'd rather pay $.50 a pop and have a gun that cycles every time than .$.20 a shot and have to hand cycle the action any day!
I made a mistake and tried to run some light crap that I purchased a bulk pack of. That didn't work to cycle the action on my Vepr, so it's been relegated to the Mossberg pump.
I've since slicked up the insides of my Vepr, ( Thanks to Evl) so I'm hoping that I can run some of the cheaper loads soon. If not, then so be it. I'll keep running the heavier stuff that it seems to like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:30 pm 

Thanks for the update. Let us know if the slick up does the trick.

Was the Winchester disappointment Universal, or AA line? Many of us find the former is crappy and erratic, and the later is really good stuff. I've noticed though that the AA line seems to be stocking more and more of the reduced recoil loads lately, but I'm inclined to take the numbers on that at face value. It would be good to know if it was AA crapping out on you.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm 

It was the Universal most definitely. I shoulda known better, but I didn't remember everything that I'd read here at the time. This forum is the best source of info I've found for just about everything Vepr. You guys have done a great thing here. I'll be taking the beast out to see if the interior work did any good. But for certain the action and trigger is now much smoother feeling, so I'd bet that it helped at the very least. I stayed within the conservative side of Evls tutorials. Like he says it's easier to remove a little more than it is to add some metal back. Makes sense to me! I'll keep you posted on that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 am 

Was loading up my mags tonight when I found this little guy!

It has the bumps all the way around the shell. Almost like they tried to pack in too many pellets or packed it too hard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:08 pm 

will it blend? --er I mean 'feed.'

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:58 pm 

for the last two weeks i have been checking the walmarts around me for them still not in stock. only thing they have is the buck shot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:39 pm 

Finally got to go out to the range today! Busted out the VEPR 12 today for a little action. Ran smooth as butter with no failures with the supremas. Much better than any of the other target loads I shot.
On a side note I finally shot my Zastava M85NP "carbine" from CNC warrior that I bought a month ago for the first time today. All I got to say is WOOOOWWWW!
There is nothing like it! As much if not less recoil than a AR. No failure to feed or eject rounds. Tight grouping, very smooth action, and such a light trigger pull. Probably the best 223/5.56 weapon I have ever shot. Looks like the AR guys got beaten at their own game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next