THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:28 pm 

Today I sent the Rio Royal Low Recoil Slugs an some SB 00 Buck down range. I mixed it all up in the Molot and SGM mags. All of it ran flawlessly. The reduced recoil of the slugs was a blessing to my aging shoulders. At 25 yds the slugs cut the center out of the target using the standard AK Iron Sights.Optics are not necessary on these Russian Toys. They are amazing multi-purpose shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 pm 

Commie Mike wrote:
Today I sent the Rio Royal Low Recoil Slugs an some SB 00 Buck down range. I mixed it all up in the Molot and SGM mags. All of it ran flawlessly. The reduced recoil of the slugs was a blessing to my aging shoulders. At 25 yds the slugs cut the center out of the target using the standard AK Iron Sights.Optics are not necessary on these Russian Toys. They are amazing multi-purpose shotguns.

I agree - I am running a ghost ring and slugs and find it accurate enough for military turning targets up to 30 metres.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 am 
Business Member

I agree, they definitely hit the sweet spot with all around use. I still stare at mine in disbelief that we even have them here. I consider them a win for Kalashnikov and shotgun enthusiasts.

evl....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:52 pm 

Buy them while you can. The Russians make some serious firepower. They are not only Platinum bars, but they are downright fun to shoot! My daughter has no problems controlling the V12. She only weighs a 110 lbs. If you get a chance read the review I left at Classic Firearms "The Ferrari." The V12 became my favorite overnight. All you have to do is shoot one. At the range I let people shoot it all the time. Regards,Commie Mike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm 

Took my new folder out last weekend (sadly I didn't have my camera) to sight in the Aimpoint T-1 that I mounted on it. Using Winchester 2 3/4" rifled 1oz. slugs, I was getting 3" or less groups at 50 yds., offhand, rapid fire. Also had a blast shooting some 2 foot lengths of steel I-beam, stood on their ends, with slugs. The slugs just MOWED those things down (not to mention the dimple left in the web)!!! These shotguns are amazing, and seem to function (so far) with anything I have loaded it with! I am looking forward to taking mine deer hunting next month...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 pm 

I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the report.

I'd like to entice you to enter the slug shooting contest http://vepr.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3280

As for scopes on shotguns- While I can shoot fine with irons, I can shoot better with a decent scope. I really like using the shotgun scope I have, and find it very useful when I get further out. One for fine aiming, two for faster, more certain target acquisition and identification. -- It's all in the setup. Now that my eyes have begun to suck, it's become more of a necessity for longer shooting for me than a mere strong preference.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite