THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:33 am 

OK, so I have a very unique question. I found an awesome deal on a .223 Pioneer a while back on one of the forums...can't remember which one, so I picked it up. My intent was to add one of the two (canis or definitive arms) AR mag adapters to it, to allow for standard AR mags. I am running into two snags. First I can find no info on it if is even possible to make the conversion work with the pioneer's removable trigger pack. Second, neither company will respond to my repeated attempts at contact, so I am basically in the dark if what I want to do can be done, and if these adapters are still available, as canis seems to be perpetually backordered, and definitive doesn't even have a working website anymore.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:24 pm 

I would either get enough magazines to ensure a modest supply in case one gets damaged or lost to use the gun "as-is", or sell the gun if you must use such magazines.

There's way too many firearm options today for .223/5.56 to wait for an aftermarket miracle for a magazine conversion piece.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:58 am 

So here's the deal. I'm military and move a good amount. Fortunately I have not been to a ban state, but the possibility is very real. This pioneer is my unfortunate answer to that, as I have way too many black weapons that I will have to store. Having the pioneer with a hunting stock means that I can still take it with me and have a solid AK platform.
I thought about plussing up on 30 round molot mags, or other makers if I could find them, but those are fairly pricy, and I already have a ton of pmags. This way I would not have to worry about interchangeability and would have a one mag fit's all plarform.

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 pm 

That is the same reason I got a Hunter in .308 ;)
And if/when I ever get an AR-10 or something similar then I may sell off all my VEPR mags to create a magwell of the same design to work.

I haven't actually seen what the trigger pack, underside, & inside of a .223 Pioneer looks like, so if you were to take some pictures then it would definitely help ;)