It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Which do you have?
Super 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
Hunter 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Pioneer 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 am 

The armacon rail is nice and mounts up solid. The rail is slotted down the center to act as a buis, but you wouldnt have any adjustability.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:48 pm 

Russian Hammer wrote:
I actually kind of like them, I'd like a 308 pioneer or hunter to use as a hunting rifle if I thought it could get 2 moa or better. My only issue is the scope mounting issues, Posp scopes are too high and I don't like railed optic mounts on the side rail, so I'm waiting for a company like RS to produce a quality mount with the correct height for the hunter/pioneer.

I've proven to myself it is a sub 2 MOA shooter with the right ammo and all the bolts tightened on the rifle :oops: . Go here to my post on my range report from one of my first trips to the range with the rifle: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1100

This range trip was made with the main stock screw on the bottom of the rifle so loose that I could spin it with my hands freely as I cleaned the rifle after I returned from the range that day. Since this range trip I have gone back with all of the screws tightened and some different types of ammo and it consistently shoots 1.5 to 2.5 MOA regardless of the ammo I have used and I get consistent 1.5 to 2 MOA groups using high quality ammunition. I think with a little more work on my end to figure out what ammunition loading the rifle likes, maybe even some hand loading, I can get my groups tightened up a bit further to maybe 1.25 to 1.75 MOA 3 shot groups? That's my no BS assessment, I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it was capable.

I'll post some more range reports in the spring at my new range (goes out to 600 yards) and I will hopefully get a better documentation of the accuracy I am getting out of the rifle. If I can drag someone else out to the range with me that day I might even make a short video about it so I can talk you guys though my results and what I found testing out my different ammunition types through it. By then the rifle might even have a new scope on it… something that costs more than $40 this time! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:15 pm 

Hi guys! Happy New Year to all!! I'm happy to visit this forum, because in our Country Vepr rifles and shotguns are bad distrebuted and we use our rifles and shotguns basically in hunting. I'm living in Ukraine and have a Vepr Super .223 rifle and cant find info about my rifle on ukrainian or russian forums - well, I'm here!! Cheers to all!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:26 am 

Welcome! Hopefully you'll be able to find info to help with your gun, & maybe you'll be able to the rest of us, too :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:35 pm 

I'm new here, just picked up a Pioneer in 7.62x39.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:56 am 

New to the site.I got the 7.62x39 Pioneer.