THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:51 am 
Business Member

Ok, I'm not going to real jail. I am participating in the Muscular Dystrophy Associasion's "Lock-up fundraiser!

Why? I have seen the direct effect of the efforts of reputable charities. October 13, 2004 my first wife and both daughters were in a head-on collision with a tractor trailer. My ex-wife and youngest daughter died on impact and my oldest daughter was in critical condition and, quite honestly, I thought she was going to die as well or at minimum have a very low quality of life if she did make it. She had brain injuries, broken back, internal injuries, broken bones, bruised lungs, burns and lacerations. To grossly simplify it, it was a tough time for all. A few days into a coma, one of her team of doctors told me that if things went on like they were and we simply waited it out that she would suffer severe brain damage, at least, and may not live. I was asked if I would give them permission to do some experimental procedures on her in regards to monitoring and addressing the swelling of the brain. I figured if nothing else maybe they would learn enough to help the next child in her position and it was the only glimmering of hope that we had at the time. It was risky. I was told that it had been tried once before with great results. I allowed them to do it and years later, my daughter is a very intelligent and productive member of society who you would never know had been through such a traumatic event. After she was "out of the woods", the doctor came to me crying and apologized for lying to me. It had been tried as stated and the "great results" were that they thought they learned what not to do the first time. The child died, but it was not in vain. In essence, that child died so that those after it could live. I found out later the Children's Miracle Network had purchased the equipment they used on her and went on to speak at Children's Miracle Network fundraisers to help those after us, like those before us did. My daughter was 2004 CMN Miracle Child. In spite of the tragedy that surrounded it, we are both very proud of it and thankful for it. Had it not been for those who supported the Children's Miracle Network, that miracle would not have happened and my daughter would not be the person she is today. I spoke at fundraisers for a couple of years and it eventually became too much for me emotionally to keep hanging onto it, so I had to let it go and try my best to move on from what had happened. I have always been one to want to help others and not being able to help CMN has really left a hole in me. I miss it. I was recently asked to participate in the local MDA Lock-up event (get picked up by the local Police and physically get locked up) and decided that if I can't take a few hours out of my day to seize this opportunity to help this cause then I need to re-arrange my priorities and do some soul searching. I am extremely busy, but not so busy I can't help my fellow man by giving my time to a reputable cause. If you are able, please help this cause by donating. I had a friend with a child who had MD and saw what daily life with MD is really like. It is absolutely debilitating and is very hard on both the victim and loved ones. MDA's goal is to free children and adults from the effects of MD and muscle debilitating diseases. Let's help them make it happen!

Here is a link to help bail me out. I do not receive any proceeds from this and all funds go directly to the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Thank you!
https://secure2.convio.net/mda/site/Donation2;jsessionid=6BC05A8B6A3E42437C6DD5901C2AA2EE.app222b?idb=1011556502&df_id=5850&FR_ID=22356&mfc_pref=T&PROXY_ID=3933498&PROXY_TYPE=20&5850.donation=form1&s_subsrc=bfDskFbPfSched&s_src=boundlessfundraising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 am 

You are a good man Evl! If you ever go to jail I will bail you out with an IZ 433a. Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:11 am 

Last edited by Booger on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:04 pm 
Business Member

Booger wrote:
I made a donation for $30.00 fund one flu shot. Hope it helps I really can't do much better do to my disability. :P

I'm a firm believer that our efforts come back to us. That is quite generous. It does help and I thank you for it. The impact we make with things like this is often beyond comprehension. I'm hoping I can make it through this event without falling apart. I'm an oak at funerals and I am often chosen as the one to speak because of that, but I have a soft spot for kids in pain. Wish me luck.

.... and ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yib5dcbzCTY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 pm 

Last edited by Booger on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:49 am 

We all need to do our part to help others who are in need. Just joined and first post...joined because this is where I could learn more about the Vepr and through my research, saw Evl did really nice Vepr work...came here, saw you have your own area in the forum, saw this post and said, I will do my part...donated $50.

Evl, I will be contacting you in the very near future to do some Vepr12 work for me...need to get the shotgun first though, lol...any recommendations on where? (Was thinking Atlantic?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:06 am 
Business Member

CrazyDiamondFL wrote:
We all need to do our part to help others who are in need. Just joined and first post...joined because this is where I could learn more about the Vepr and through my research, saw Evl did really nice Vepr work...came here, saw you have your own area in the forum, saw this post and said, I will do my part...donated $50.

Evl, I will be contacting you in the very near future to do some Vepr12 work for me...need to get the shotgun first though, lol...any recommendations on where? (Was thinking Atlantic?)

Shine on you CrazyDiamond! Thank you and Welcome Aboard!

I support and recommend Atlantic anytime I can. They have been very good to the community here and other communities as well. Their pricing is usually as good a deal as you will find anywhere else. I'm pretty sure they still offer layaway as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:34 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:28 am 

Thanks guys...to me it's something that's part of my being now...I used to be very selfish in my younger days and have seen over time that it isn't the way one should live...so I'm trying to make up for that any way I can. Great talking to you today Evl :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 pm