THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm 
Business Member

From this day forward, expect to pay more to have an AKBuilder AK100 triangle folding stock installed. I have found that some of the latches are dimensionally defective (between the hook and the shaft) and to make them right adds $80 to the cost of the project because of the need to fit the latch to the trunnion and the latch to the stock. The defect has more to do with the latch fit to the trunnion than the stock. If yours doesn't need this, I will not charge for it. I have installed many Russian AK100s and have never seen one need to be fitted in this part of the latch, so pricing will not change on the install of Russian units.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm 

Very reasonable and fair. I like that you don't just hike prices across the board. 8-)

Have you ever put a 100 series on a Vepr 12 (I know you have on the Evlblk SBS)? I bet it would look pretty slick, but I wonder about becoming nose heavy. I suppose a short barrel would be recommended? :twisted:

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 pm 
Business Member

Well, I just try to be fair. If I get my ass handed to me timewise on something, I evaluate it and try to act accordingly. Do I want to never do it again or do I want to just adjust the price for the additional time spent. In this case, had the dimensional defect been in any other area of the latch it wouldn't have been a big deal and would have had far less effect on latch to stock fitment, but it happened to be in the most difficult area of the latch to remove metal and that fitting had a drastic effect on how the latch interacted with the stock, requiring fitting on 4 surfaces.

AK Builder showed no interest in offering a replacement latch made to the correct dimensions. I recall seeing pics of other shop's installs of the AK Builder stock with the latch sticking out on a finished build. I don't operate like that. If it doesn't look right.... it isn't leaving my shop until it does.