THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:45 pm 

So it seems that now the arm brace is not a 'redesign' if fired from the shoulder unless it is permanently attached and/or the strap is removed.

With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not “make” a short-barreled rifle because in the configuration as submitted to and approved by FATD [Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division], it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder. If, however, the shooter/possessor takes affirmative steps to configure the device for use as a shoulder stock–for example, configuring the brace as to permanently affix it to the end of a buffer tube, (thereby creating a length that has no other purpose than to facilitate its use as a stock), removing the arm-strap, or otherwise undermining its ability to be used as a brace – and then in fact shoots the firearms from the shoulder using the accessory as a shoulder stock that person has objectively “redesigned” the firearm for purposes of the NFA. This conclusion is not based upon the mere fact that the firearm was fired from the shoulder at some point. Therefore, an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not re-configured for use as a shoulder stock – even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder

http://www.recoilweb.com/reason-prevail ... 27810.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:13 am 

Less regs is always good news.

I'll support a weapon any way I like, and no federal agency is going to tell me I'm "holding it wrong". Do they not read these letters aloud before sending to see if they are completely insane? A handgun by ATF definition is designed to be fired with one hand. Yet every day, cops, guys at the range, and people in self defense situations use two hands to support handguns. By the previous logic they used, that was a felony construction of an AOW. Insane.

Hoping this is the first of many MANY regulation rollbacks. 8-)

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:22 am 

Amen to that!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am 

Check out the Shockwave Blade brace. Less expensive than others, has sling slots, and is simply a single piece of fiber reinforced polymer. It's a great arm brace. 8-) No strap with this one. It rests against the forearm and is length adjustable.

Really wish you could get virgin receivers for V12...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:04 am 

I have a shockwave sidefolder on an AK pistol. Sig braces are corny.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 am 

Ah. You, sir, are a connoisseur! 8-)

I have found that combo to work quite well with a friend's AK pistol in 7.62x39. A Stormwerkz rail and red dot yielded MOA (around 1/2") groups at 60 yards across a truck hood. Very pleased with the result (cheap bulk ammo to boot). CNC Warrior four-piece flash hider literally eliminates almost all flash as well. We were impressed with the setup. Handy little hog gun, and legal as a pistol for concealed carry while loaded (truck). Wish I could have bought that one from him! :twisted:

Shoulder up and let fly!