THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:38 pm 

Thought I'd share this link to a petition to remove SBRs as an NFA item.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... p/h3YQxFCY

Will it ever get passed? Maybe not, but it's worth a shot. I believe it's our job to constantly push back against the ant-gunners and their feel good laws.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:07 am 
Big Sal

+1!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:47 pm 

Hopeful thinking, but I'm sure the government doesn't want to give up that $200 excise tax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:19 pm 

ezveedub wrote:
Hopeful thinking, but I'm sure the government doesn't want to give up that $200 excise tax

Not that it's really that much, but yeah, once they have their hooks in they don't like to let go.

However, with things like the AR and AK pistols it's really a nonsense law. With the mid term elections looming I think it's actually a good time to try something like this. I think the politicians are realizing, once again, how wide spread the gun community is. If the petition gets enough attention it could gain some support by those looking to broaden their base into a large and dedicated gun loving community (at least until they get elected :roll: ).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:49 pm 

It's a great fantasy, nonetheless, I signed it anyways. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:53 pm 

Chino wrote:
It's a great fantasy, nonetheless, I signed it anyways. ;)

Ditto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:07 am 

ezveedub wrote:

$200 dollars was a lot of money back in the 30s when I believe they came up with the tax stamp. I dont think it doeas anything for them now other then cover the cost of doing the paper work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 am 

Lord AK-47 wrote:
ezveedub wrote:

$200 dollars was a lot of money back in the 30s when I believe they came up with the tax stamp. I dont think it doeas anything for them now other then cover the cost of doing the paper work.

$200 for life does not bother me its the 13 months wait time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:08 am 

Lord AK-47 wrote:
ezveedub wrote:

Check how many NFA applications have been submitted in the last few years times $200 and you will see its no chump change.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:15 pm 

ezveedub wrote:
Lord AK-47 wrote:
ezveedub wrote:

Check how many NFA applications have been submitted in the last few years times $200 and you will see its no chump change.

My point is no ones getting rich of it. I hate the whole NFA system so I am not defending it, just saying the money itself is not the motivating factor for the ATF.