THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:48 am 
Big Sal

How long is the barrel without the extension?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm 

Unless I am mistaken (quite possible), I believe these are 12 inch barrels (304.8 mm). They have a barrel-like "tube" (larger than and concentric with the bore) permanently attached to achieve an effective overall barrel length of 19 inches. That makes them perfectly legal to own and treat as any other regular shotgun (non-NFA). I believe these are after the fashion of the 12 inch "Police Pro" V12 model.

Alex will chime in and know for sure. 8-)

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:38 pm 
Big Sal

Nephilim7 wrote:
Unless I am mistaken (quite possible), I believe these are 12 inch barrels (304.8 mm). They have a barrel-like "tube" (larger than and concentric with the bore) permanently attached to achieve an effective overall barrel length of 19 inches. That makes them perfectly legal to own and treat as any other regular shotgun (non-NFA). I believe these are after the fashion of the 12 inch "Police Pro" V12 model.

Alex will chime in and know for sure. 8-)

Sweet! I wonder if the 12" part of the barrel is threaded?
Now I need to save 1500$...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 pm 
Business Member

Yes this is all correct with the muzzle extension attached to the barrel. Under the extension the barrel is threaded. We are keeping one for ourselves to do some testing. Expect some videos using this model in the future 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:48 pm 
Big Sal

Legion USA wrote:
Yes this is all correct with the muzzle extension attached to the barrel. Under the extension the barrel is threaded. We are keeping one for ourselves to do some testing. Expect some videos using this model in the future 8-)

I just hope one will still be around when I save up the money to buy it. These are a great offering man. I am impressed! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 am 

BigSal wrote:
Legion USA wrote:

I just hope one will still be around when I save up the money to buy it. These are a great offering man. I am impressed! :twisted:

Same here Sal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 am 

These are really cool. If I didn't already have an sbs in the works, I'd love to have one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:55 pm 

gr8santini wrote:
These are really cool. If I didn't already have an sbs in the works, I'd love to have one.

I haven't filed the paperwork on mine yet.

I'm actually considering selling my V12 folder at a loss to fund one of these ones.

It'll probably be easier (and cheaper) to convert back to it's original configuration once I get my stamp back than it would be to have the barrel chopped, re-crowned and threaded and gas block work done to my V12 now, hmm... :|