THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:48 am 
Offline
Big Sal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 2410
Location: The Idaho Panhandle
How long is the barrel without the extension?

_________________
Vepr Dot Org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 1907
Location: Arkansas, USA (NWA)
Unless I am mistaken (quite possible), I believe these are 12 inch barrels (304.8 mm). They have a barrel-like "tube" (larger than and concentric with the bore) permanently attached to achieve an effective overall barrel length of 19 inches. That makes them perfectly legal to own and treat as any other regular shotgun (non-NFA). I believe these are after the fashion of the 12 inch "Police Pro" V12 model.

Alex will chime in and know for sure. 8-)

_________________
Click this link to access Amazon. Costs you nothing, but Vepr.org gets paid a little every time you purchase this way. Help keep the lights on here for free. THANKS!!! http://amzn.to/2muRjz9

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:38 pm 
Offline
Big Sal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 2410
Location: The Idaho Panhandle
Nephilim7 wrote:
Unless I am mistaken (quite possible), I believe these are 12 inch barrels (304.8 mm). They have a barrel-like "tube" (larger than and concentric with the bore) permanently attached to achieve an effective overall barrel length of 19 inches. That makes them perfectly legal to own and treat as any other regular shotgun (non-NFA). I believe these are after the fashion of the 12 inch "Police Pro" V12 model.

Alex will chime in and know for sure. 8-)

Sweet! I wonder if the 12" part of the barrel is threaded?
Now I need to save 1500$...

_________________
Vepr Dot Org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 pm 
Offline
Business Member

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:45 pm
Posts: 134
Yes this is all correct with the muzzle extension attached to the barrel. Under the extension the barrel is threaded. We are keeping one for ourselves to do some testing. Expect some videos using this model in the future 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:48 pm 
Offline
Big Sal
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am
Posts: 2410
Location: The Idaho Panhandle
Legion USA wrote:
Yes this is all correct with the muzzle extension attached to the barrel. Under the extension the barrel is threaded. We are keeping one for ourselves to do some testing. Expect some videos using this model in the future 8-)



I just hope one will still be around when I save up the money to buy it. These are a great offering man. I am impressed! :twisted:

_________________
Vepr Dot Org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:15 am
Posts: 517
Location: AZ
BigSal wrote:
Legion USA wrote:
Yes this is all correct with the muzzle extension attached to the barrel. Under the extension the barrel is threaded. We are keeping one for ourselves to do some testing. Expect some videos using this model in the future 8-)



I just hope one will still be around when I save up the money to buy it. These are a great offering man. I am impressed! :twisted:

Same here Sal.

_________________
"To protect the sheep you got to catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, you understand?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:56 am
Posts: 90
These are really cool. If I didn't already have an sbs in the works, I'd love to have one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:15 am
Posts: 517
Location: AZ
gr8santini wrote:
These are really cool. If I didn't already have an sbs in the works, I'd love to have one.

I haven't filed the paperwork on mine yet.

I'm actually considering selling my V12 folder at a loss to fund one of these ones.

It'll probably be easier (and cheaper) to convert back to it's original configuration once I get my stamp back than it would be to have the barrel chopped, re-crowned and threaded and gas block work done to my V12 now, hmm... :|

_________________
"To protect the sheep you got to catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf, you understand?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group