THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Saiga 12 sale
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 am 

Amen. Cant wait to get to range.I am impressed with Legions build.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:33 pm 

GunFun wrote:
Well, you won't get off that easy. Now you have to tell us your subjective opinion of which kicks more.

It makes sense that the V12 does perceptively kick more than the IZ109 type adjustible gas system, particularly with hot ammo, but the 030 series should have the same handicap for the same reasons. Maybe a shade less for the heavier carrier.

Exactly why I wanted the 040 magwell sporter model. It is built like the 030 and V12, but it has the standard Saiga 109 adjustable gas system. Best of both worlds and should be a little lighter than a V12, to boot! I'll never understand why more we're not imported...

I couldn't find one anywhere. Never gotten to hold one. I think the scales will tip back toward the V12 in the future though. I believe it will prove to be superior to just about anything after refinement and modification by the right 'smith. ;)

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:01 pm 

That + autoplug should theoretically be the softest shooting possible AK based shotgun with all the gadgets and least fiddling needed.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 pm 
Business Member

GunFun wrote:
So what's the bottom line price?

I've been waiting for these to be competitive again.

Attention to all the people who are looking for a square back...
[quote="GunFun"]

As far as pricing goes, i do not think we will not be discounting these IZ-433 variants any further. The IZ-433 is the same price as the newly imported IZ-109's, and in my opinion the IZ-433 has several key feature that make it superior to the IZ-109. Also the IZ-433A is the same price as the Vepr 12, but it is already 922r compliant, and it comes with an Izhmash factory 8 round magazine. Here are some weights for reference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:46 pm 

Excellent sale, Legion! And thanks so much for that last post. It is most helpful! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:53 pm 

Agreed. I kinda want to steal the pics and make a sticky of them.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:28 pm 
Business Member

Here's a few more of our prototype that we had built for us. If there is enough demand for these we will build a batch ourselves later this year (railed gas block will not be included, this one IZ-433 happened to have it installed from Izhmash). Thanks guys, let me know if you need more pictures like these of other Veprs and Siagas to have for reference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:29 pm 

Read my mind, GunFun! Would we want to go as far as a specs comparison stickie with weights and pics included?

Go for it, man. That is, if it's OK with the OP? :mrgreen:

That Russian Civillian V12 sure is cool, but the folding trunnion, stock, and rails (forearm and gas block) add a pound! Would have guessed half a pound.

Come to think of it, I bet the corner edges of a milled reciever necessarily have more mass than a stamped corner... I'll save that for another time.

Sorry for careening all over your cool thread, Legion. Great info and sale, again! Thanks for being a great contributer and server of this community. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm 

Thanks for the info.

So it looks like the '433 with tapco throwaway stock is .2 lbs heavier than the most similar V12: with the throwaway wood stock. I would expect the wood itself is 6-8 oz heavier than the tapco.

As for the gas blocks: Why haven't you made a bolt on rail for those and simply have the rail-less version tapped at factory? Then once they are imported and either converted or sold as sporting, the customer can convert them and add the rail section. This has always baffled me. You've obviously got some clout as a volume importer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 pm 
Big Sal

Legion USA wrote:
Here's a few more of our prototype that we had built for us. If there is enough demand for these we will build a batch ourselves later this year (railed gas block will not be included, this one IZ-433 happened to have it installed from Izhmash). Thanks guys, let me know if you need more pictures like these of other Veprs and Siagas to have for reference.

Legion:> That configuration looks :shock: AWESOME! :shock: Real close to original. You guys are offering some of the most true-to-factory stuff out there! Keep it up!!!