THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Krebs Custom KV-13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm 

The next generation of the KV-13 will be designated the KV-13-A. There are just a few minor differences; the KV-13 started life as an integrated sight model while the KV-13-A starts off as a regular sight model. We have also started using our newest 4 prong flash suppressor which is longer and more effective. Even though the overall all barrel length is still 16", the slightly longer flash suppressor helps make it look even shorter. It is currently at SHOT being displayed at the Magpul booth. We will have more detailed photos coming soon.

See the new thread; viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1851

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:19 pm 

Just because there has not been a post here for a while.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:03 pm 

TH-X15 wrote:
Just because there has not been a post here for a while.

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing! What kind of optic is that?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:54 pm 

It's an Aimpoint T1 with a Knights Armament spare battery cap, Bobro QD mount, and a Tango Down Aimpoint Micro cover.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:33 pm 

Its a Sexy Beast.

I've been waiting on the call since last July. I even called Brian to confirm my place in the wait list in January. One of these days. 8-) :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 am 

Can the KV 13 accomodate a Midwest Industries QD scope mount on the left hand rail?

More specifically, can it accomodate a mount such as one with 30mm scope rings on it to utilize say, a Leatherwood CMR 762 scope?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm 

PetelikesVEPRs wrote:
Can the KV 13 accomodate a Midwest Industries QD scope mount on the left hand rail?

More specifically, can it accomodate a mount such as one with 30mm scope rings on it to utilize say, a Leatherwood CMR 762 scope?

Sorry for the delayed response, we must have missed your post.

To answer your question, yes. The KV-13's are built with modified optics rails to allow for installation of mounts without interference from the folding stock hinge. As for the scope, you will have to mount it further forward than normal because of the rear sight on the dust cover; unless you don't mind mounting the scope higher to clear the rear sight. Hopefully this information helps. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:44 pm 

Hello all, my first post. So..what becomes of the KV13 now that there is an importation ban on Kalashnikov Concern interests?

I was scrimping and saving for a KV13 and was just about ready when this ban occured and I could no longer find any for sale at any of the three outlets. I have since dipped into that KV13 specific piggy bank and have grabbed a Vepr 12 while they were still about so I'll need to replenish that spent money. Gosh I wanted that Vepr based rifle, but will there be something else planned to stand in its stead if this ban turns out to be the new reality for the forseeable future?

I also see the rifles at a new slightly higher price point which seems strange for an item one presumably cannot import into the country any longer so is there a stash that is already state-side that will be available soon or are the changes all have made to their websites to insted of removing Vepr/Saiga's they are listing them at new prices and simply as 'out of stock'? Is there still reason to hope for a 'surprise'?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:44 pm 

New member here and my first post. I just purchased the Krebs Custom KV-13 (CA legal version) last week from Copper Customs--I think they had a few of them in stock--not sure about the non-CA versions. Today, I purchased the Definitive Arms AK103U--based on the Saiga. I like the DA because it has great custom features and has the traditional look. The guys at Copper Customs think the work done by DA is every bit as good as Krebs and they consider DA to be up and coming in the AK custom world. I like the Krebs because I consider them top dog in AK customizations (based on my research at least) and they have similar custom features as the DA and also because of the rail system and folding stock (my stock will be "pinned" in place due to CA regs); a bullet button will also be installed on both in order to comply with CA law--and yes, I can't legally use 30 round mags in CA ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:26 pm 

CrazyThom:
VEPRs are still coming into the US. It's only the Saiga rifles that have been stopped. We should have another batch of KV-13 rifles going to Copper Custom in the very near future.