THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:01 pm 

I am looking for a scope mount, I ordered one from Kalika, the sent me one facing backwards.

does anyone here know of any other suppliers ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 pm 

ebay has the belarus (the one im using on my 308) holds zero well, little heavy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-rise-BP-02- ... Sw~oFXF6NR

Looks like Atlantic is sold out..I'd call em and see when theyre getting the Molot low profile back in
also Carolina has a few http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/U ... -u978s.htm
if you want one of the "skeleton" styles, get a midwest, DONT get the cheap clones off ebay, Ive broken the locking pins on 2 of em, thats why I went with the belarus bp02, rock solid...Good luck
Oh did you contact Kalinka?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 pm 

juxtposed2 wrote:
if you want one of the "skeleton" styles, get a midwest, DONT get the cheap clones off ebay, Ive broken the locking pins on 2 of em, thats why I went with the belarus bp02, rock solid...Good luck

I beg to differ, greenbloboutdoors.com sells a Mid West clone that sits right on top center (not to the side like Mid West) and is as solid as the Mid West. The locking lever has a tension bolt you need to adjust to fit your wapon rail mount. Obviously if you set it to tight, is going to break (the lever is made of a softer type of aluminum just like the Mid West) and if you set it too loose, is going to loose zero. The way I set mine was to be able to unlatch the lever with my fingers, but using most of the strength without the need of a tool for leverage. So far it holds zero after removing and replacing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:53 am 

FGutie35 wrote:
juxtposed2 wrote:

I beg to differ, greenbloboutdoors.com sells a Mid West clone that sits right on top center (not to the side like Mid West) and is as solid as the Mid West. The locking lever has a tension bolt you need to adjust to fit your wapon rail mount. Obviously if you set it to tight, is going to break (the lever is made of a softer type of aluminum just like the Mid West) and if you set it too loose, is going to loose zero. The way I set mine was to be able to unlatch the lever with my fingers, but using most of the strength without the need of a tool for leverage. So far it holds zero after removing and replacing.

The part that broke on all the ones I have tried is that little pin that stops the mount from sliding on any farther. I've used many of those styles and know how to set the tension on the lock. I haven't tried the one you'r referring too so maybe it is better than the ones I've had.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 am 

MARQUIS DETROIT wrote:
I am looking for a scope mount in https://www.dailyshooting.com/best-ar-scope-mount/, I ordered one from Kalika, the sent me one facing backwards.

does anyone here know of any other suppliers ?

you can go to walmart and get a set of Leupold Rifleman rings in low or med.