THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LaRue optic mount
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 pm 

picked up my first Vepr 12 and she rocks! I picked up a Aimpoint H-1 4 moa and would like to ask advise on correct mount height. I would like to use the LaRue quick mount and just like to confirm that the lowest height mount they make would work. any suggestions good or bad? thanks in advance for supporting members on this forum.

Post subject: Re: LaRue optic mount
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 am 

Maybe a matter of comfort with your stock set up. Hard to know till its on there.

Run the TRS-25 on my fixed stock V12 at the lowest possible and it provides a small cowitnesses. This is with a Mako Fab Defence stock tube and a Magpul adjustable buttstock. Very comfortable, quick, and intuitive. Works for trap and bird hunting.

The folding stock option might need some height. Put an EOTech on mine, but didn't like it. Seemed like the height was right with the original cheek rest flipped into position, but just decided on using the open sights on that one. Don't like not having a co witness either.

Good luck.

/sct

Post subject: Re: LaRue optic mount
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 pm 

It's completely a matter of preference. Depends on how your face lines up. Don't know for sure but I bet it'sslightly hhigherthan the irons (which are pretty low). Do the irons cause you difficulty being low as they are?

Optimal will be naturally shouldering with eyes shut. If when you open your eyes, the sight is properly aligned, you are good to go. Try it several times in front of a mirror. Should be very comfortable and natural to shoulder and fire quickly and accurately. ;)

Be sure to mount the optic as far to the rear as the rail allows. Larger optics and forward mounting positions are well known to cause fail to eject of sorts because of an occasional empty hull bouncing back into the bolt path. Best to mount fully to the rear.

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!