THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 am 

BigSal wrote:
Mrgreen wrote:

redfield is nice

Bingo. Thats my top pic in this price range for a reason. ;)

I get a huge discount on them FWIW and i beleive they are made by Leupold now

Last edited by Mrgreen on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 am 

No my gun does not have the rail already. I was looking at the revolution actually since it's American made I believe. Bass pro has a rebate going on with them. It's not that I can't afford good glass. Just closing on a new home in 30 days and trying not to use the plastic or spare cash. I may just wait until after and buy the tacticool stock and a good scope all at once. I do prefer American made since I am union. Went Russian on my vepr tho ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:24 am 

FWIW i have personally put over 150,000 rounds through a Burris timberline and they hold up nicely ;) I had to check its zero harldy ever and when it did move it was ever so slightly. This series of scope takes a pounding at a commercial level even ith the larger calibers with huge recoil. This is certainly off topic and not a good scope for the .22 but thought this type of field experience should be passed on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:43 am 
Big Sal

bwilde86 wrote:
No my gun does not have the rail already. I was looking at the revolution actually since it's American made I believe. Bass pro has a rebate going on with them. It's not that I can't afford good glass. Just closing on a new home in 30 days and trying not to use the plastic or spare cash. I may just wait until after and buy the tacticool stock and a good scope all at once. I do prefer American made since I am union. Went Russian on my vepr tho ;)

Understood. Trust me if I didnt have four mouths to feed Id probably have more money for fun stuff as well! We are EXTREMELY pro-union on this forum... but I dont want to get into politics or Russian Hammer will ban me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:50 am 

I hear you on the politics. Just hard to justify a redfield revolution when I'm so new to optics. My vepr scope has functions I'm no where near understanding what they are used for. Just wanted my Russian scope for my Russian gun. The 22 is just a plinker to work on groups and fundamentals. I may be over thinking this a tad ha ha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:07 am 

bwilde86 wrote:
I may be over thinking this a tad ha ha

just a bit. Buy something inexpensive, shoot with it and then decide where you stand moving forward IMO

I have bought some budget items before to save some money and quickly realized it was not a great move and others years later i stuck with. for example i have a 10/22 bull table gun with a walmart bushnell that shoots quarters at 75 yards i have left on there for a decade and never saw the need to replace it, go figure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm 

One last question. If im planning on shooting at 50-100 yards, where do I want the parralax adjusted for? If I don't find one that is adjustable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:00 pm 

A rimfire scope will be set at 50 yards for paralax. Most others will be set at 100 yards for larger calibers. There are some cheaper adjustible paralax scopes to be found. The cheapest I am aware of is the Bug Buster 3 yards to infinity (hence the name). That and the hash marks in the reticle and turret adjustments is why I suggested it in the first place. I am no fan of UTG, but for what you are looking for, you may be quite pleased with the Bug Buster. I really like mine a lot. ;)

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:02 pm 
Big Sal

The Sightron S1 and the Vortex Crossfire II have rimfire specific units with parralax set to 50 yards. Redfield does as well, though not in their US made units.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 am 

I have a silver 4x32 Simmons on my stainless Marlin 60. Looks great, and for the range I shoot the little .22, and the low cost, it does a good job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next