THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:23 pm 

Hey, new guy to VEPRs here. I have done some searching on this and other sites, and started to post this in the other thread about scopes for a VEPR.

I am trying to figure out what tactical scope/dot sight for a .308. I am not new to hunting or shooting but don't know a great deal about such optics. Specifically, I am looking for something that is a good blend of durability and affordability.

I already understand that you get what you pay for and that if you buy quality you only have to buy it once, etc. I have a very limited budget to play with, and while I may be able to upgrade later I have to stay fairly cheap now- say under $200, and suggestions about spending just a bit more than that wont do me any good.

I'm looking for something that would be sort of all-purpose, with a bit of magnification and preferably an illuminated reticle. I really like the T Dot style reticles.

I know that the Chinese made stuff is of questionable quality, I guess what I am looking for is whether or not anyone has any positive experience with anything that meets the about specs, and stays within the price I mentioned. So far I am looking at some Burris models, but they are strictly 1X and I don't really care for the style (looks). All help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:38 am 
Big Sal

I would say the PK-A is a fine optic and can be found for under 250.

It is rugged, with a waterproof design and multi-coated lens system. Really you are not going to find a better optics system in this range.

If you are going to go for around 100, than you are looking at exclusively Chinese RDS's of which none are decent, but some come with good warranties (like the Vortex line).

In any case, best of luck to you, and post pictures when you get that thing mounted!!!

best,
BigSal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:42 pm 

Thanks, I'll check that out.