THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:42 pm 
Big Sal

GunFun wrote:
DogTheBH wrote:
Generally the ACE sidefolders are pretty sturdy, but they will fail before the ak100 or AKS74 style units will.

So you are saying my grandchildren's kids will regret that I got an ACE?

The ace hinge is quality and won't break. Ak100 is nice too. Neither will fail. moot issue.

Id wager that eventually it will wobble free and require more locktite. Anything held together with horizontal screws will have that issue. That is not controvertible. The question is how long will it take (how many rounds down range). I mean if you never accidently drop it and shoot less than 50 rounds a month (like the average american shooter) this probably wont be an issue and your grandchildren will enjoy the rig.

Anyway, the guys statement was that the ACE will fail before the AK100. Member evlblkwepns has offered to test this, but so far all you ACE guys have all pussied out. If you want to PROVE the durability of your mechanism, we have a fella willing to test your claim. This site is about facts, NOT BULLSHIT... we leave that for TOS. :lol:

best,
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:15 pm 

Ace are not poorly made stocks. But Russian AK-100 series stocks will always be a stronger option.

i have put mine through some serious stuff (mostly accidental, as it would be in real life) icluding use it as a shovel/breacher- during a bad winter storm my right rear tire got stuck in a serious ice/snow. Broke the ice and loosened the tire after a day at the range.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:29 am 
Big Sal

voron wrote:
Ace are not poorly made stocks. But Russian AK-100 series stocks will always be a stronger option.

i have put mine through some serious stuff (mostly accidental, as it would be in real life) icluding use it as a shovel/breacher- during a bad winter storm my right rear tire got stuck in a serious ice/snow. Broke the ice and loosened the tire after a day at the range.

Agreed with that second part. Its not that the ace is weak per se, just that it will fail first (as DogTheBH said). This is an interesting thread! I hope evl will get to run a head-to-head test!!