THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:39 pm 

Users I want a base of information that can allow 3-4 people to set up a stage of shooting in the style of 3gun IDPA, IPSC, etc.

The general guidelines are that they should work on private property and be easy and cheap to set up and control safety.
That way you and your buddies could set up a practice course on one weekend and invite a dozen or so guests the next weekend to run your course.

So showcase some blue prints or course maps that you think would work well. Post videos that make good sense.

Better courses for this idea will not require thousands of dollars in steel targets or a crew of 20 staff to move them around.

I suggest as a start having each guest bring a case of clays to be placed on the berm on spray painted markers. This can keep cost and complexity down. Guests all have to help reset the course between runs, before readying their own gear (Except for the next guy up).

Show us what you got.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm 

I shoot on a private property range at one of my friends house. He has earth moving equipment and 40+ acres of land. I am going to run some ideas past him this weekend to see what it would take to set up another bermed laden area for doing something like this. Once I get past that, I will most definitely run some ideas past you.

"..who you choose to be around you let's you know who you really are... life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 pm 

cool. A place where you can leave stuff set up, but easily re-arrange it into new games is a big help.

Powerfactorshow just had a good quickie episode showing how to make weatherproof easy modular barriers, and a guy named Michael Moore of all things has a channel with some very good simple plans for active targets.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite