THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:44 pm 

If anyone is interested in their VEPR adapters, slant back stock or the MOE handguard, you should get them now. This will supposedly be the last production run as Canis has decided the market is dead due to obvious political bs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:23 pm 

Link? Please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 pm 

These guys (CANIS Design Group) have left a friend of mine hanging since April. They charged him for a part and have delivered nothing but excuses to this day. I do not recommend doing business with them. :(

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:07 am 

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthrea ... ost2191772

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm 
Business Member

Nephilim7 wrote:
These guys (CANIS Design Group) have left a friend of mine hanging since April. They charged him for a part and have delivered nothing but excuses to this day. I do not recommend doing business with them. :(

Given the current state of affairs for the VEPR market we do have to make production decisions that are not popular. Which includes but not limited to production scheduling changes to remain operating in the black. Much like the topic of this thread, we have to discontinue an item we are heavily invested into because of political grandstanding of a fraud. But saying we are leaving your "friend" hanging or delivered "nothing" because of these situations is a bit of a stretch.

IF you recall we gave your "friend" a $60 substitute adapter and was told to keep it while we work out a design issue with the part he ordered. We would send out his part when finished, and he/you could still keep the substitute adapter free of charge. We were very much upfront about it to you (his online proxy in PM) of which you were happy with, so I wouldn't call this leaving someone hanging or as you put it "nothing but excuses".

If your "friend" wants to cancel the item I would be happy to help your friend who placed the order directly. But I will not dance in circles with an online proxy, global moderator or not. I will be looking forward to your "friends" correspondence.

Regards,

Andrew
Production Manager
CANIS Design Group

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:22 pm 

Not for nothing but due to the current state of affairs, thousands of new veprs have hit the streets. Pretty much every availible vepr has been or will be sold. There are thousands of new vepr owners, far more than the last time they stopped importing them, and even back then there was enough demand for a big company like ace and krebs to offer adapters for the veprs. Theres definitely a market for vepr items and honestly theres not much competition/market saturation.

Some one who has the know how and equipment would be very wise to start really producing replacement/spare wear parts(firing pins,extractors,springs) for veprs/saigas because there are tens of thousands of them in country and almost no parts availible. And right now no competition. The vepr/saiga market is far from dead.

When the sanctions first hit csspecs was talking about what would happen to his company? Now hes probably wondering how on earth can he meet demand for his vepr12 mags. And people are bugging him for 030 mags and x54 and .223 and 5.45.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 pm 
Business Member

vepr wrote:
Not for nothing but due to the current state of affairs, thousands of new veprs have hit the streets. Pretty much every availible vepr has been or will be sold. There are thousands of new vepr owners, far more than the last time they stopped importing them, and even back then there was enough demand for a big company like ace and krebs to offer adapters for the veprs. Theres definitely a market for vepr items and honestly theres not much competition/market saturation.

Some one who has the know how and equipment would be very wise to start really producing replacement/spare wear parts(firing pins,extractors,springs) for veprs/saigas because there are tens of thousands of them in country and almost no parts availible. And right now no competition. The vepr/saiga market is far from dead.

When the sanctions first hit csspecs was talking about what would happen to his company? Now hes probably wondering how on earth can he meet demand for his vepr12 mags. And people are bugging him for 030 mags and x54 and .223 and 5.45.

I follow what you're saying but it's not entirely accurate in terms of numbers that have hit the streets. What % are slant back rifles vs straight back with tech stocks? What are V12, how many are folders vs straight? Are you accounting for those who bought up for the sake of putting in the safe for an "investment" not to touch. Or specialty shops buying up to convert and mark up for retail. Centerfire just sold 200ish... not thousands. Of that how many sales can one part company expect to make? My point is the numbers keep going down and down in respect to sales potential.

Either it moves such as the case with the CSSpec V12 mag which validates the reason to continue production or it doesn't. The V12 Mag is a single unique item, no competitor hence the sales demand. Also it's not like we are giving up on the VEPRs altogether, we are just suspending manufacturing some parts till further notice. We have a V12 M4 folding adapter still in R&D as well as the regular folder we are working on.

There are still containers in holding that most likely will not be released. If they are, no one seems to know when. SO putting up money for VEPR part development alone when we can focus development on other AK lines that are secure just makes sense at this time.

Andrew
Production Manager
CANIS Design Group

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 am 
Big Sal

Nephilim7 wrote:
I do not recommend doing business with them. :(

I dont know if thats fair. Andrew makes a really decent product. I would have your buddy give him a ring and clear everything up. Communication is key when it comes to ANY transaction.

best,
DSP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm 

Nephilim7 wrote:

Canis is alright by me so far. I ordered a product and it was shipped to me in a timely fashion. I did have a small hiccup but Canis answered me within an hour. The adapters finish is nice and consistent, and I don't see tool marks. I haven't installed them yet, but from what I have read I shouldn't have a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:50 pm 

BigSal wrote:
Nephilim7 wrote:
I do not recommend doing business with them. :(

I dont know if thats fair. Andrew makes a really decent product. I would have your buddy give him a ring and clear everything up. Communication is key when it comes to ANY transaction.

best,
DSP

You are correct, BigSal; It would seem to be unfair. Let’s try this again!

Here is the short version:

I am helping a coworker and long-time friend with his first firearm. I have guided him through the process and parts selection and even guided him away from a direct competitor of CANIS due to my thinking CANIS products to be a better choice. Hence, I take responsibility for his predicament, and he asked me to help him sort this out after having tried to contact CANIS multiple times and methods with no response.

The communication has been pretty hit or miss with phone calls, voice messages, emails sent through their own website, and private messages sent through this forum. Facebook seems to be the most reliable method of contact. My buddy has contacted them again via Facebook today to handle this privately, so we will see how it all pans out. Hopefully this is just one big, isolated flub. I am glad and encouraged to hear that CANIS is doing a great job by other customers. I will be sure to report back here with a follow-up. I am hopeful of a happy ending to all of this!

For what it’s worth, the fixed M4 adapter received from CANIS was top notch and well-received.

I wish I knew where I could run two minor design suggestions past the CANIS design team… Should I simply post in your section on here or is there a better way?

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!