THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm 

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... st14484666

From what I understand, Molot is owned by Kalashnikov enterprise... and they are a listed under the new sanctions.

So, the good news is that the vepr is the new Norinco...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 pm 

I thought MOLOT was only incorporated into the "Kalashnikov Concern", not owned by Kalashnikov Enterprises.

They're still on the list either way.. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:05 am 

Wow, if true. Buy 'em up now in 54r before they become the next SVD.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 am 

I really should have bought a crap ton of those Molot 5rd mags.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 am 

I wish I had got more of the vepr mags, but I was focusing on the repair kits from California. There should be alternative magazines. If nothing else there there is the SMG mags.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 am 

FUCK!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 am 

Well, It's been fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:53 am 
Generally Butt Naked

Nope, they aren't illegal to import. The sanctions have absolutely nothing to do with importation. These sanctions only deal with financial transactions, so basically the Kalashnikov concern has to either wait until the sanctions expire or are overturned or figure out a way to get paid without violating the sanctions.

Also, is Molot even part of the Kalashnikov concern yet? Because they aren't mentioned in the sanctions and they mentioned just about every name izhmash goes by, you think they'd have mentioned Molot too if they were involved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 pm 

If that's the case, then the Kalashnikov concern can fake going out of business (like they have done a couple of times in recent memory) reorganize and change their name and resume business under a different name. All of this will be costly and time consuming and will cause a drought in our market and drive prices up. Of course the sanctions can always expand and name the new company also.

Either way, it is a shit sandwich for all of us. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm 

Russian Hammer wrote:
Nope, they aren't illegal to import. The sanctions have absolutely nothing to do with importation. These sanctions only deal with financial transactions, so basically the Kalashnikov concern has to either wait until the sanctions expire or are overturned or figure out a way to get paid without violating the sanctions.

Also, is Molot even part of the Kalashnikov concern yet? Because they aren't mentioned in the sanctions and they mentioned just about every name izhmash goes by, you think they'd have mentioned Molot too if they were involved.

Wouldn't a shell company be able to do the financial part of the exportation?

Also it got me thinking, if the Kalashnikov Concern was dissolved and all the merged companies went back to their own, or if they formed a new "concern" under a different name, wouldn't this undermine the sanctions against them being specifically named in this Executive Order?

I think there is more that can be done and these Firearms Manufacturers aren't just going to roll over and play dead and accept the will of King Chocolate Jesus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next