THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:36 am 
Big Sal

GunFun wrote:
I dunno, they were selling the catamount for about the same as the S12, and it sold. I saw one in the store recently for $699. Most of the buyers get excited and buy, because it's the first time they've ever seen/heard of a mag fed shotty and can't leave the store without owning it.

If they even come close to the fury price I think they will have a winner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:15 am 

You only get what you pay for in life. I do know that the Chinese produce excellent quality AKs and SKSs.( weapons made for war) I wasnt impressed at all with tha Catamount Fury( a weapon made for a disposable society)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:56 pm 
Business Member

Whenever there are new firearms on the market I always try to look at it from the customers point of view and with the current prices that Saiga and Vepr 12's are selling for, it makes absolutely no sense to buy a chinese knock off for pretty much the same price. If the build quality will be anything like the catamount fury, I wouldn't even put these in the same league as the Vepr 12.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:08 pm 

I agree. But a lot of the buying public doesn't even know there are other choices and will buy the junk for the cost of quality the first time they see it.

I've talked to several people who got the catamount that way. Some felt burned, and others got defensive. I've looked at catamounts and the quality is indeed lower than the Izh & Molot offerings.

Nice feature list, but crude execution. Also, lack of aftermarket support and MAGAZINE availability. This Anihilator thing has been sitting for a few months, and I haven't heard anything more recent than the TFB article. Who knows if they will attempt to import or not?

As for the gun itself, my first thought was maybe it is milled, because it looks very flat and square. Nope. Sheet metal, smooth texture is from lack of parkerization under the paint. Sharp corners on the stamping suggests thinner gauge steel too. - I think the V12 is needlessly thick, since the S12s are thinner and never get harmed, but the Jianshe looks chintzy.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:21 pm 
Business Member

So interestingly enough this gun is being imported now and sold by academy JTS-12 for $500.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHMZ5rTsWio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:29 pm 

Have you got one?

I am all for more in the market, particularly if they take existing magazines.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:20 am 
Business Member

I have not picked one up yet.. If we can add another market with a simple adjustment of an existing product, I am more than happy to jump a product up the line.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:35 am 

Csspecs wrote:
I have not picked one up yet.. If we can add another market with a simple adjustment of an existing product, I am more than happy to jump a product up the line.

That would be good. Plus increasing the ubiquity of box fed 12 ga shotguns hastens the day when there is a mossberg, beretta, or Remington shotgun for you to feed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:55 pm 
Business Member

Agreed, more box mag shotguns increases the interest in them.. I do think there is a good market for a box mag pump gun for all the states that ban semiautomatics.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:23 pm 

Csspecs wrote:
Agreed, more box mag shotguns increases the interest in them.. I do think there is a good market for a box mag pump gun for all the states that ban semiautomatics.

Yeah. So long as it's made by a company other than Black Aces. ... I think the average late adopters are sold enough on Muriel reliability of pumps and the matching perception against semiautos that such a gun would sell well. I mean with a mainstream US brand on the receiver. Not the obscure Chinese and Italian guns that have been made.