THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:30 am 

I know SGM is working on 20 rounder. I have talked to their tech guy and he send me video which looks like they almost got it, but have few bugs. May be when they come out with it, you guys can reverse engineer and make steel ones. But even if you make single stack 15 rounder let say, or better 10 rounder would be good too. I think rifle have lot of potential, but what keep it from selling much is magazine availability. Its not like 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 x39 where you can just put bullet guide and use any magazine. There is no alternative magazines available.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:10 am 
Business Member

russianmaksim wrote:
I know SGM is working on 20 rounder. I have talked to their tech guy and he send me video which looks like they almost got it, but have few bugs. May be when they come out with it, you guys can reverse engineer and make steel ones. But even if you make single stack 15 rounder let say, or better 10 rounder would be good too. I think rifle have lot of potential, but what keep it from selling much is magazine availability. Its not like 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 x39 where you can just put bullet guide and use any magazine. There is no alternative magazines available.

I won't steal their design if they get it working.

I don't think steel would have the right properties for the double to single stack anyway.

My interested at present is in a single stack magazine.

At present we looks to be good to go for a true CNC mill in the near future. We have been working toward this goal for almost four years and it is almost within reach.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:46 am 

I am not saying steal their design. I was just saying they working on, but with experience with SGM is hit or miss. My Vepr 12 SGM Mags are junk and I called and changed springs and filled as instructed. I pretty much use your 8 rounder and Russian ones. Vepr 54r mags do work, but I think steel one would be more durable and would more capacity mag if possible. They do make good X39 mags. I don't know about their 308 yet. But I will order yours for sure. I just want more options of mags. I love my 54R rifle, but unlike 7.62x39 and 5.45 x 39 where I can get bullet guide and use any ak mag. There no options other then SGM, really. It would become much more popular rifle if had more magazine options. A lot of people on fence because of it. With more demand, it would be more money for you guys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:20 am 

Please, csspecs, these rifles are becoming more and more popular, you could corner the market at ONCE with 10 rounders or 20s. I would spend hundreds on them.
You have a perfect opportunity to make a LARGE jump in business if you do this!! Please, a LOT of us out there begging for these :mrgreen:
I admin large AK groups on Facebook a ton of people have these and have recently bought them everybody is looking for your mags ASAP!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:55 am 
Business Member

I was told not to talk about this project, but the emails have been getting a little desperate sounding... So please don't call asking about it.. Mark does not check this website, so I'll update here.

We got our first CNC milling machine. Mark coded up his first part which is a M77 rear lug, and it ran correctly. So looks like he did in fact learn how to code it..
He has the Vepr 54r on his desk and he is working on something for this rifle. We had partial designs for both sticks and drums, I'm not sure which he is working on.

I'm trying to learn a CAM program to convert our drawings into G code so that they can be more quickly loaded onto the machines.

It is going to be some time before these are moved along enough to give many updates.. I'll try to do some videos as the tooling is getting cut. Once things start moving more I'll be more free to talk about time lines, right now I just don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:50 am 

This is still a wonderful update and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:56 am 
Business Member

We are moving forward on this now. This is a CAD render, in the event that is not perfectly clear. 10 round or 15 round Vepr-54r mags (15 is the goal). We hope to start cutting the tooling in a week or so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:34 am 

Suh-weet!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 am 

Yay!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:05 am 

Awesome news!

What is the typical timeframe from this point forward? Is this like a 6 month job, or a 2 year type thing?

Glad ya'll are sticking with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next