THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: steel saiga 12 mag
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:52 am 

beefcakeb0 wrote:
So I received a test mag. :D not much to say on my end. It was packaged beautifully and predicted to not be able to lock without modifications to the rear lug. I shot about a hundred rounds before modifying it, thus requiring the mag to be held tightly. The only failures I have experienced were the first two mags on the 3rd round on both. I am pretty certain that my unfamiliarity with how tight to hold and drifting focus of two rounds were enough to cause failure to rise. This happened one other time previous to the mod to the rear lug and hasn't happened since. It sure does suck putting upward pressure instead of a proper handguard hold, resulting in getting beat up! Haven't experienced that in a long time so I make a quick effort to fix the problem there. I sought out for some precision files, and found a set at a yard sale the same exact time that a friend also found a set for me. So I wound up with two! :mrgreen:

I have about 500 rounds fired through this mag with 3 failures total to speak of. Those 3 I completely blame on myself and not anything else. Neither the shotgun nor the mag have been cleaned. And I plan to return soon for more. I have went like 10 out of 12 days of having this mag.

I have a lot of pics and a couple of hd videos (my first YouTube uploads ever :oops: ) so without any more delay here it sits.
And here at the beautiful Tennessee mountain.

When I look at your pic of your gun the mag just looks so natural. The mag really compliments the gun in this case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 pm 

Thanks for the update.

Is continued testing still useful to you on the prototypes?

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:40 pm 

King of the Hill wrote:
beefcakeb0 wrote:
So I received a test mag. :D not much to say on my end. It was packaged beautifully and predicted to not be able to lock without modifications to the rear lug. I shot about a hundred rounds before modifying it, thus requiring the mag to be held tightly. The only failures I have experienced were the first two mags on the 3rd round on both. I am pretty certain that my unfamiliarity with how tight to hold and drifting focus of two rounds were enough to cause failure to rise. This happened one other time previous to the mod to the rear lug and hasn't happened since. It sure does suck putting upward pressure instead of a proper handguard hold, resulting in getting beat up! Haven't experienced that in a long time so I make a quick effort to fix the problem there. I sought out for some precision files, and found a set at a yard sale the same exact time that a friend also found a set for me. So I wound up with two! :mrgreen:

I have about 500 rounds fired through this mag with 3 failures total to speak of. Those 3 I completely blame on myself and not anything else. Neither the shotgun nor the mag have been cleaned. And I plan to return soon for more. I have went like 10 out of 12 days of having this mag.

I have a lot of pics and a couple of hd videos (my first YouTube uploads ever :oops: ) so without any more delay here it sits.
And here at the beautiful Tennessee mountain.

When I look at your pic of your gun the mag just looks so natural. The mag really compliments the gun in this case.

Indeed it does! Fits the standard ak look proportionately

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 am 
Business Member

GunFun wrote:
Thanks for the update.

Yes and no..
Yes in that it could reveal some long term durability issue if one exists.

And no, due to the changes correcting feed angles as suggested by most testers. The mags are now different from what will be production models.

I'll send a new test model to everyone of the first testers who wants to try one.. Once we get into production I'll try to get a pair of production mags for each of the testers as a little thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:34 pm 

I'm still in. This is going to be a great product.

I think your more curved dies will improve the magazine.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 am 

Csspecs wrote:
GunFun wrote:
Thanks for the update.

Yes and no..
Yes in that it could reveal some long term durability issue if one exists.

And no, due to the changes correcting feed angles as suggested by most testers. The mags are now different from what will be production models.

I'll send a new test model to everyone of the first testers who wants to try one.. Once we get into production I'll try to get a pair of production mags for each of the testers as a little thank you.

That would be most excellent! I'd be happy to test another one but not sure if I'm the good testee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 am 

Bump so that occasional visitors see that this exists and set aside $$$.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:23 am 

Supposed to be on the market very soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm 
Business Member

Should have them in hand inside of a week..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:58 pm 

GIGGITY!!!!!!!!!!!