THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:08 pm 
Business Member

We are now taking new orders for our new improved bolt, carrier, and FCG re-profiling and polishing service. Much the same as the usual work done on all important areas on the bolt, carrier, and FCG but now with much higher quality. We have upgraded to better tooling to produce higher quality results. If you want it done right, now is a great time to send in your parts.
Pricing is now $150 for the bolt and carrier work, and $50 for the FCG work on a pre-fitted Tapco G-2 (like the Tromix for example). Then it's a flat $10 fee for shipping and handling, unless extra insurance is requested otherwise. You can send me or Racegal14 a PM with your order and we will quickly reply with more info.
I'll try to get some more pics up of recent work. Below is a recent pic of a set shown with an unmodded set for comparison. Other relatively recent pics can be seen in the other thread here >> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=132

The set with the full polish was by special request and not something we are really interested in doing. Our service is concentrated on the actual contact surfaces to improve performance. We would rather not waste valuable time polishing entire bolt carriers when we can keep a faster turnaround by sticking to actual performance upgrades.

Thanks we hope to hear from some folks. This work is for any Saiga or Vepr rifle or shotgun. The rifles require less work so the price for them is only $100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:05 am 
Business Member

Glad to see you taking this back to its roots. Excellent idea!

evl....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:23 am 

Your work looks really good!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 am 
Business Member

King of the Hill wrote:
Your work looks really good!

Thank ya man I reckon it's worth all the effort. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:20 pm 

Cobra Custom took my money and parts over 14 months ago. I finally received them back at the beginning of May 2016 missing bolt and fire control parts, I did receive in the box recoil spring, and bolt carrier. Cobras custom blamed Post office for loss. Two months later I have a non-working shotgun with no replacement parts. I sent them my parts insured overnight, you would think they would have sent them back to me insured. I would never do business with them ever again. Main reason to post is so no one else has to go through what I have experienced.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm 
Business Member

zzippydog wrote:
Cobra Custom took my money and parts over 14 months ago. I finally received them back at the beginning of May 2016 missing bolt and fire control parts, I did receive in the box recoil spring, and bolt carrier. Cobras custom blamed Post office for loss. Two months later I have a non-working shotgun with no replacement parts. I sent them my parts insured overnight, you would think they would have sent them back to me insured. I would never do business with them ever again. Main reason to post is so no one else has to go through what I have experienced.

While it is true we had some serious setbacks last year that forced us to close up shop for months, and we got very far behind, we have been working long hours here to get through the backlog and are currently in the middle of finishing and shipping everyone's parts received up through Sept of 2015. The rest will quickly follow now that we are up and running full speed again.

As far as this apparently missing bolt and FCG go...I have spent countless hours with this customer and the US Post Office officials over this matter for a couple of months now, including multiple trips in person to and from postal facilities to make sure things got done. I have provided proof to him and through multiple reports I've filed by mail, in person, and on the telephone with the USPS, provided proof to them that all of the contents were securely placed his package, sealed up, and weighed on USPS scales before it left here with the shipping label we processed and printed. It was definitely complete without question, and the weight was correct for these particular contents down to the last hundredth of an ounce. I even sent him photos of an exact duplicate set of contents belonging to another customer, sitting on the scales showing the correct weight printed on the label on his package.
Due to the quick timeout cycle of the USPS Click & Ship feature on their website (the process used to print shipping labels), every package gets packed, padded, closed up, and sealed BEFORE the sealed box is weighed and shipping label is printed. Because of the extreme care given to each part during shipping of our packages, (each part is carefully padded, wrapped, and placed in the USPS Priority Mail box separately, and then all voids are filled to keep everything secure inside...) there simply is not time to enter the exact weight of each package in the system (which must be done to complete the label application part) any other way unless it's all done after packing and sealing the box. That is the only way we carry out the process at least, and this never changes even if shipping multiple orders in one day like we're doing today, and did the day his shipped.
He claims his package was incomplete when delivered and that we either forgot to put the bolt & FCG in or accidentally mixed them in with another package. Well that too is impossible because we never, and I repeat NEVER open more than one customer's sealed plastic container of parts at a time while packing and shipping orders. This is the exact reason we have always packed, sealed, and labeled each separate box individually, as they are going out of the shipping room...one sealed box at a time. This process never varies. Even then, just to try and appease him by eliminating every single possibility, I did double check the shipping labels / weights vs contents of both other packages that shipped that day. They were also spot on for what they contained, the S-20 set weighing slightly less, with both correct weights printed on the labels. By the way these shipping weights and labels on the boxes are verified by the post office while being processed in their system, and if the amount paid for the shipping label does not equal correct cost for that weight, the shipper (me) is flagged and notified of this. Still further, I spoke on the phone with both the other gentlemen shipped that day, about their shipments, and everything was in order... no extra parts, nothing missing, and they were very happy with the work even after the delay. Then... we emptied the entire shipping room and searched everywhere possible for these parts I know very well (and all evidence shows) were shipped to this customer. I actually met the mail carrier out front and handed him the boxes myself so there is absolutely no question they were un-tampered with by anyone up to the point they left here in the mail truck.

As per my reports filed with USPS and also their facility that handles any lost contents while in the system, the entire route of the package was traced through the system and photos were even taken through the process. It's part of what they do. These photos reportedly did not show any signs of tampering on the package while in their system. If ever there is a problem like a box gets crushed or torn open, it is re-packed in a new box and labeled as such, or at the very least any substantial rips or holes get taped up with USPS marked tape and then a special "damaged" sticker applied. I have received packages like this before from people not following my directions to pad everything carefully and having sharp edges poke through.

What happened to his bolt and FCG?? I honestly don't know but I can (and have) assure(d) him and everyone else they did in fact leave here carefully packed and sealed in a brand new secure box. They were shipped to the customer's supplied address, and tracking info was immediately emailed to him the same way every other package leaves here. This is the first and only time we've ever had anything like this happen.

Our standard policy has (up until now...) always been to try and keep shipping costs as low as we could for the customer, and only shipped overnight or with extra insurance to those customers who requested it. Never ever lost a package this way. Before just recently there was nowhere to even buy replacement bolts / carriers so every package would have to be insured for the value of an entire new shotgun...if you could even find one. After this though, and now that new parts are available domestically, our new policy will be all new orders shipped USPS Priority Mail with $500 - 600 added insurance, over and above the $50 already covered by every Priority Mail package. That's also going to include all the remaining jobs we have in for service who only paid enough for standard priority shipping. Future orders will have to include enough payment to cover insured shipping though because I'm not going through this mess again with anyone.

I have told this customer we were very sorry that somehow his bolt and trigger parts apparently vanished into thin air? after we did a spectacular job taking this duracoated set and giving them the full treatment, plus his requested all over full polish. Like every other package we ever shipped they were then all carefully padded and packaged then shipped to his address. Your guess is as good as mine what happened to them after they left here but we did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary.

Zzippydog as I have told you I always do everything in my power to make the customer happy. My work alone speaks for itself so most everyone we've ever done business with has indeed gone away happy. Even though we are not at fault for where ever your parts supposedly disappeared to, I am still willing to send you a complete new replacement Tapco G2 FCG with full reliability work and the fine polished contact surfaces. I do at least have these in stock so I can offer that if you like. Should you also choose to get another bolt to send us, the full service already performed on the original will be supplied to you at no cost and in guaranteed less than one week turnaround, with free shipping included. That is assuming you don't still get these other parts sent to you by the USPS when they have completed their internal search of their system I ordered done for you. That is all I have been waiting on since you told me 30 days ago you would be back in touch with me to check the status. That is all I know to do to go out of my way further to try and help you out with this problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm 

Issues, aside, that photo of the carriers and bolts is spectacular. :shock:
Certainly inspirational, no doubt.

I hope everybody gets on the same page on this, so unfortunate that things like this happen.

Bobs V12: v1.0 #14VAC7883 R.I.P. -- v2.0 Particularly awesome.
"Advanced Noob".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:52 pm 
Business Member

We have a very long history of excellent service and top notch craftsmanship. Most everyone who has kept up with my posts, and my work on Saigas /Veprs/ AKs over the past 10+ years knows I do great work and have pioneered a lot of things with these platforms, especially our main thing now, the full reliability service we offer. The story posted above is definitely a very isolated incident. I hope the USPS or someone locates the misplaced parts in question because I know for certain that package left here intact with everything included. There is no question what so ever.

I haven't had time to do any posting on the Saiga or Vepr forum for a long time, or even read anything posted unless someone alerted me to it. My biggest concern has instead been staying off computers as much as possible and getting all this work done here. Haven't had much time to photograph all the jobs we've been blasting through in an effort to get caught up again, but I will post some newer pics here I spent today uploading from my cell phone.

First I was really impressed with the high quality and workmanship of the new US made Saiga 12 bolt carrier I got in on one job. The bolt had some damage I had to fix from the customer's S-12 that had the original carrier actually broken in three pieces. Got it all smoothed up for him though and working great with the new R&R Targets carrier he bought and sent me to service with his FCG.
I'll post some good pics of that set here followed by other recently completed jobs we shipped out last month and last week. I'll close with a pic of some of the work (more than half of what's currently left of the backlog...) now in process and a few shipping this week as they get completed. Staying extremely busy here but it's all getting done, no worries.

Before...
Attachment:
IMG_20160613_200741869.jpg

After...
Attachment:
IMG_20160630_090110714.jpg

Compared to another job shipped the same day last week....
Attachment:
IMG_20160630_092042253.jpg

More recent pics...
With our custom grooved G2 trigger...
Attachment:
IMG_20160630_103722760.jpg

Attachment:
Corey.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20160506_114824643.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20160506_181351847.jpg

Attachment:
Murphy.jpg

Our Left Hand Charging Handles (LHCH) getting done and enamel baked on...
Attachment:
LHCH 2016.jpg

Attachment:
LHCH Weld.jpg

Attachment:
LHCH Paint Bake.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20160506_181109071_HDR.jpg

Work in progress...
Attachment:
IMG_20160610_185515056 (2).jpg

OK back to work... Hit me up if ya want to invest in the absolute best thing you can do to a Saiga or Vepr 12!